I weighed some bits..... And WOW....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I am lending my tourer to a friend for a ride to Barcelona

As we will have van support we are stripping down to save weight. I estimated rack and mudguards were about 600g.. No, 1187g! Can't believe it

IMG_5303.jpeg

IMG_5299.jpeg

Drago

Legendary Member
The aero penalty of full mudguards will hurt more than the mass.

PS, is it the angle at which the photo was taken or is your garden really steep?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You have to weigh the benefits of a rack and mudguards against the weight. I cannot see how you can tour without a rack. You should be safe enough without mudguards in Barcelona at the moment. If its going in a van. Why are you worrying about a few grammes?

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
You have to weigh the benefits of a rack and mudguards against the weight. I cannot see how you can tour without a rack. You should be safe enough without mudguards in Barcelona at the moment. If its going in a van. Why are you worrying about a few grammes?

most people are on road bikes. He is coming from the USA and there are complicated logistics. Not really touring but doing 110km a day we are staying in hotels and have a van with the luggage in. I usually do proper touring but this is a ride for people with Parkinsons and we had to accept that for most of the people (all, apart from me!) van and hotels was the only way

more info here https://www.justgiving.com/page/julianmccarthyb2b

Top Bottom