if helmets became compulsory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
If anyone with a 56 - 58cm titanium bike is answering 'a' and they intend to give up, can I have your bike please?

MarcA

I normally wear one - unless I forget or leave it behind at a stop.

In the circumstances outlined I might incline to C.

Blue_icicle

I always wear a helmet.

I think if they ever made it compulsory the punishment for not wearing is likely to be along the lines of failing to insure your car... confiscation with a hefty release fee, or it gets crushed!

I am inclined to agree with the protests against making it compulsory though. Not because of the civil liberty/choice aspect, simply because it would likely make helmets more desirable to thieves!

Chris.IOW

I think if they ever made it compulsory the punishment for not wearing is likely to be along the lines of failing to insure your car... confiscation with a hefty release fee, or it gets crushed

What your head??

Well my answer would be b comply as I wear one anyway.

Couldn't imagine it ever been enforced if it was compulsory, lights are at night and I see that flouted all the time.

What is a helmet?

How do you define a helmet?

What standard are we going to accept?

A friend of mine is a postie, and wears a Snell B95 helmet, yet at work has to wear a helmet that fits poorly, offers less protection and is less adjustable.... in short by complying he has to compromise his standards and accept less protection!

Davidc

Guru
I usually wear one but would join in any protest against compulsion.

Please let me know the time and the place!

I might well opt for C. At present I wear one if it's not too hot

If the pressure to wear was heavy enough I'd just have to ride only when it's cool or cold weather unless someone designs one which doesn't cook my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom