if helmets became compulsory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sabian92

Über Member
I wear one anyway, but I'm against compulsion.

Saying that, campaigning won't make a difference once it's law so ho hum....

Manonabike

Über Member
B - always wear one so no problem for me.

Some of the childish responses here put a smile on my face though.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Don't wear one so not a big deal. 2 x 20mph+ falls and no broken head
tongue.gif

That's the spirit even though it is the wrong answer!

Just because you have had 2 x nasty accidents without a bad bump to the noggin doesn't mean you never will. The right answer is that with all the stupid, foolish, unexpected ways that it is possible to die or be seriously maimed, trying to prevent the minute risk that comes from bumping your head while riding a push bike is a bit nonsensical. Fair play to anyone that tries, it is their choice.

God! I must be in a really confrontational mood today, this comment and my posts in a RLJ'ing thread.

If it were to be compulsory I would probably go for C and try to rebel. I would have to make a decision at the time but if a helmet came along that looked fantastic and made me feel like a cycling Adonis I would maybe wear one because I don't have a strong objection to them, I just choose not to wear one.

danphoto

with all the stupid, foolish, unexpected ways that it is possible to die or be seriously maimed, trying to prevent the minute risk that comes from bumping your head while riding a push bike is a bit nonsensical. Fair play to anyone that tries, it is their choice.

Hurrah! Well said, sir. The next time I see Benedict, I'll get him to start making you a saint forthwith.

Deb13b

I suppose B. I have a helmet but I only wore it a few times. When I wore it I felt as if I was a bit closed off to the sights and sounds around me on the roads, don't know if that makes sense ?
But I would fight against it, no doubt about that.

yello

Saying that, campaigning won't make a difference once it's law so ho hum....

ay, I suspect you're right.

One has to form an orderly line to have ones 'protest' ignored. If I could get out of bed early enough, I'd start the next anarchic revolution, honest I would.... after 11ses obviously.

Zandranna

It would have to be B for me as although I would think the law was an ass to make it compulsory I wouldn't deliberately flout the law.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
It would have to be B for me as although I would think the law was an ass to make it compulsory I wouldn't deliberately flout the law.

I think that probably sums up most of us, we're all sheeple, quite happy going along in one way, see no reason for a change, don't want a change, but if they say it's law we'll go along while grumbling under our breath.

Sadly I think I'd be exactly the same.

VamP

Banned
ay, I suspect you're right.

One has to form an orderly line to have ones 'protest' ignored. If I could get out of bed early enough, I'd start the next anarchic revolution, honest I would.... after 11ses obviously.

If only I had an enemy
bigger than my apathy
I would have won

Mumford & Sons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom