I'm purchasing a multitool...can you recommend one for me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I have an old multitool that luckily I've never had the need to use on a breakdown but I want to get a good one now.

I looked at a few and the problem I have with them is that they come with tools I don't want in a multitool, ie. spoke key, I already have a good spokes key that I carry with me, tyre levers (unsure they are as good as the ones I carry with me...... so I've decided to get the Lezyne V-11
Lezyne-V-11-Multitool-Tools-Multi-Tools-Black-AW14-L-1-MT-V-11T04.jpg

I think this complement the tools I carry with me.... I would have liked one with an 8 and 10mm open spanners too but this will do UNLESS someone knows of a better one.

Drago

Legendary Member
Topeak Mini10. The bears porridge.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Crank Bros Multi 19 tool has all you want including the 8 and 10 mm spanners.
I've had mine 7 years and use it more often than my standalone tools. Nothings rounded off, bent or broke. It's tougher than John Wayne.

Same here - had mine years. The main tool I take with the MTB now. The chain splitter and spoke key work great, but used on someone else's bikes, not mine.

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
View attachment 452931

I got this from Cycle Republic. It’s brilliant

They are doing this one which I quite like....

620660?$cr_main$.jpg

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I have the Crank Bros 18 multi tool and it's paid for itself on numerous occasions. For home use, I have single tools, but for touring a good multitool is hard to beat.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I have an old multitool that luckily I've never had the need to use on a breakdown but I want to get a good one now.

I looked at a few and the problem I have with them is that they come with tools I don't want in a multitool, ie. spoke key, I already have a good spokes key that I carry with me, tyre levers (unsure they are as good as the ones I carry with me...... so I've decided to get the Lezyne V-11
Lezyne-V-11-Multitool-Tools-Multi-Tools-Black-AW14-L-1-MT-V-11T04.jpg

I think this complement the tools I carry with me.... I would have liked one with an 8 and 10mm open spanners too but this will do UNLESS someone knows of a better one.
I have a Lezyne one with a similar chain tool which I tried using on an old chain but failed to get enough leverage to push the pin out. So I got a Topeak one which uses a tyre lever fitted to one side of the tool that gives better leverage... In principle....

Top Bottom