I'm purchasing a multitool...can you recommend one for me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But you don't need to adjust limit screws unless you damage you rear derailleur/hanger, if that's I'd be packing in the ride anyway. I've never had a cable snap on me like @HLaB describes but I'm meticulous with my bicycle.

Because I failed to repeat myself you have created a story in your head, extrapolated from it and then used it to attack my opinion. :eek:
Be as meticulous as you want, I replace my cables every year and clean nearly every ride but sti's have the habit of snapping deep inside the hood. If you don't have stis it's a pretty rare event. I've never had it happen touch wood with a trigger shifter.:okay:

fossala

Guru
@MrBeanz
OK, I concede. I never realised how practical it could be to carry a screwdriver that I didn't need.
ZbF7GIg.jpg

fossala

Guru
Be as meticulous as you want, I replace my cables every year and clean nearly every ride but sti's have the habit of snapping deep inside the hood. If you don't have stis it's a pretty rare event. I've never had it happen touch wood with a trigger shifter.:okay:
I've not used integrated shifters in years. Downtube levers levers or fixed is the way to go.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Based on previous experience I need a mini tool with an extra Allan key, so I can reassemble it after it gets shaken apart in my saddle bag.:evil:

Further to my post a moment ago the topeak mini 18+ has a tiny fold out 4mm Allen key on the chain too to tighten the tool up.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The best one I have is the Topeak Power 16 but it hasn't been made for years. The closest now is the Mini 18+ which I also find to be good, although it lacks the spanners you need for older bikes with the odd 10mm nut. I also have an Alien II which does most things but is far too heavy for carrying on a light racing bike. Actually, I have a Mini 9 as well, which has saved me. I like Topeak multitools.

Top Bottom