I'm really not interested in going faster; OK?!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
I prefer to be the lone cyclist these days. :bicycle:
Occassionaly go out with MR M but usually take the road bike so I don’t fall behind when I am “footering about and wasting time” (taking pics and looking at interesting things). :dry:
Love cycling alone on holiday, the freedom to go where I want, no schedule and no worries (at least for a wee while). :smile:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Old before your time.
Really? :laugh:
I know it was me that mentioned my age, but it's largely irrelevant. Even when I first got into cycling 40+ years ago I did it for the enjoyment, nothing more. I'm not a competitive willy waver when it comes to cycling, or any other aspect of life for that matter. That's just the way it is; there's plenty of attention seekers out there and I'm happy to let them get on with it.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Really? :laugh:
I know it was me that mentioned my age, but it's largely irrelevant. Even when I first got into cycling 40+ years ago I did it for the enjoyment, nothing more. I'm not a competitive willy waver when it comes to cycling, or any other aspect of life for that matter. That's just the way it is; there's plenty of attention seekers out there and I'm happy to let them get on with it.
What? I am not an attention seeker. What has that to do with going fast. Can you explain.

Julia9054

Guru
I persuaded one of my best friends to get a bike and get into cycling. He's always been into keeping fit. We have never been on a ride together because he is so much faster than me - head down and never stops. I get notifications of his strava rides (average 18 -19mph) He was like that right from the start. I average 13 - 14 mph and like cake! I'd like to be faster but am not prepared to put the work in. We talk bikes and tell each other about our rides. Each to his own.

snorri

Legendary Member
What? I am not an attention seeker. What has that to do with going fast. Can you explain.
No one said you were, you do sound rather defensive^_^.
There are those in leisure or sport cycling who appear to like to belittle the performance of others, whither it be average speed , or in touring circles the average daily distance covered.
I'm sure these are the types Brandane was referring to as willy wavers, I've met a few myself.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
No one said you were, you do sound rather defensive^_^.
There are those in leisure or sport cycling who appear to like to belittle the performance of others, whither it be average speed , or in touring circles the average daily distance covered.
I'm sure these are the types Brandane was referring to as willy wavers, I've met a few myself.
Exactly. But if the cap fits, and all that............

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
That is the problem with these novice cyclists, head down and averaging 19mph. They have not learnt the art of the meander, the art of the stop, nor the simple pleasures that cannot be measured, nor improved upon. In time they will.

screenman

Legendary Member
That is the problem with these novice cyclists, head down and averaging 19mph. They have not learnt the art of the meander, the art of the stop, nor the simple pleasures that cannot be measured, nor improved upon. In time they will.

50+ years a cyclist, do I fit your newbie idea as I hate the meander and stopping type of cycling.

Top Bottom