In hospital :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Ask your wife to pick up some bio oil.
Rub it daily into the damaged and surrounding area as a massage oil; the massaging may help to reduce the swelling. I also found that when the wound started to itch, rubbing the oil not only helped the itch, but rubbing it stops you from scratching.

mooseracer

Guru
I had those funny inflators on my legs in hospital. And a mattress that was 'alive' constantly inflating and deflating just as I was ready to sleep!

But being at home has made me realise how long this will take. Small example: I can make a drink in the kitchen but can't carry it anywhere. I was on a 100km bike ride and now I can barely go 10m. Frustrating!

Sorry to hear of your injury, I broke my hip in similar circumstances last February so can sympathise. Your saying about the drink made me chuckle as it bought back memories of "Great, I've made myself a cup of tea.....arse, now I have no option but to stay here and drink it and my hip is KILLING"

Strava from my first "walk" after being pinned https://www.strava.com/activities/255392422 it does get better ^_^ Don't try and overdo things like I did as that only makes things worse.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I had the 'coffee standing up' moment after my hip replacement.

Frustrating, not least because I was so pleased with myself for being able to make the drink.

Another I remember is loading the washing machine, or more accurately, getting the laundry to the front of the washing machine to start loading it.

My solution was to put the stuff into a bin liner and drag it through the house.

OP
OP
Zeffer

Zeffer

image.jpeg

I now have a tray on wheels, still getting used to it but was able to make a hot drink for my birthday!

I also found that when the wound started to itch, rubbing the oil not only helped the itch, but rubbing it stops you from scratching.

Anti-histamines is also good to help you getting itchy, they were a life saver when my arm was in a cast, and the time that the surgical scars were still healing.

OP
OP
Zeffer

Zeffer

image.jpeg

First outing today and my wife drove me to the exact spot I came off. I needed closure but it wasn't pleasant despite the sunshine. You can see how the verge is still wet from the field despite it being dry everywhere else. I guess that's why there was ice on my fateful day.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 62

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm surprised to see your wife taking you back to the scene of the incident. My wife has threatened to smash my fixed gear up, or sell it !! It's still at my parents home.

Top Bottom