Insanity Training Program

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Anyone come across this plan?
http://xtremebodyfitness.com/insanity-shaun-t.html
It's a 60 days training regime including a nutrition plan, it's fairly expensive so i grabbed a torrent copy, i'm a week into it and loving it so far, the workouts are good and go well with cycling. The hardest part has to be the diet though, eating 5 times a day is a struggle, as the times hard to find, i'm also not really used to watching what i eat to that extent.
Anyone done something similar?

jimboalee

I have done...

Royal Canadian Airforce 5BX,
HM Army Physical Training Corps. Basic training.
HM RN Marines. Selection.

They're all much of a muchness.

An ex RN chappie here at work is trying to get me to British Military Fitness sessions.
I keep telling him I've done the business before and I'm a qualified Fitness Instructor.
I also tell him I'm no longer a 'spring chicken', and Audax cycling is my thing now.
"You lazy, fat civvie bastard" he says.

ASC1951

Guru
darkstar said:
Anyone come across this plan?
http://xtremebodyfitness.com/insanity-shaun-t.html
It's a 60 days training regime including a nutrition plan, it's fairly expensive so i grabbed a torrent copy, i'm a week into it and loving it so far...

Anyone done something similar?
Well, I did shoplift once when I was 12. I've never stolen anyone's time and effort by downloading their protected work off T'Internet, because it is theft. OK, no-one is going to stop you, but it's still wrong. How about we break into your house while you are out training?

Oh, you mean the training plan? If you are the sort of person who can stick to one of those for six weeks and beyond, you wouldn't have needed it in the first place. Most of us can't, which of course is WeightWatcher's entire business model.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
jimboalee said:
An ex RN chappie here at work is trying to get me to British Military Fitness sessions.
I had to chuckle when I saw their web address:
www.britmilfit.com
characters-1-6.jpg

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

ASC1951 said:
Well, I did shoplift once when I was 12. I've never stolen anyone's time and effort by downloading their protected work off T'Internet, because it is theft. OK, no-one is going to stop you, but it's still wrong. How about we break into your house while you are out training?

Oh, you mean the training plan? If you are the sort of person who can stick to one of those for six weeks and beyond, you wouldn't have needed it in the first place. Most of us can't, which of course is WeightWatcher's entire business model.
I would have considered buying it if it were available in the UK, it is not however so the import tax would be ridiculous.
And i don't particularly need it, have been running for years, recently at marathon distance but that doesn't exactly improve your core strength does it? I train everyday, but wouldn't know the first thing about strength training.
So how about you sort your attitude out and don't look for an argument? Thought it would be quite interesting, but hey.

Hont

Guru
Sorry I'm with ASC1951 on this one too. He could have put it more mildly but whatever excuses you tell yourself, you've still stolen.

If you had stolen some weights to do some training would you still think it's OK?

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Hont said:
Sorry I'm with ASC1951 on this one too. He could have put it more mildly but whatever excuses you tell yourself, you've still stolen.

If you had stolen some weights to do some training would you still think it's OK?
The thread really was not asking on your opinion on that issue, it's on training programs.
But if thats what you want to discuss.......I would say that the majority of people my age download music illegally, it's just the norm nowadays. In fact i know nobody who can say they have not done it (know of a police officer who does)
I buy all DVDs but only the music i really want to support.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
darkstar said:
I would say that the majority of people my age download music illegally, it's just the norm nowadays. In fact i know nobody who can say they have not done it (know of a police officer who does)
I buy all DVDs but only the music i really want to support.

Everyone does it, so it's right, eh?

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Spinney said:
Everyone does it, so it's right, eh?
Lol another one, nothing better to do?
I'd much rather donate my money to charity than place it in the back pocket of a fat cat producer, you do what you want. Buy a song of itunes and the artist receives a few pence, work out who's 'stealing' for yourself.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
darkstar said:
Lol another one, nothing better to do?
I'd much rather donate my money to charity than place it in the back pocket of a fat cat producer, you do what you want. Buy a song of itunes and the artist receives a few pence, work out who's 'stealing' for yourself.

So the amount of money it would have cost you to buy the training programme legally is going to be given to charity, is it? Which one?

Or is that just to make your actions look better, wheras in truth you would rather the money stayed in your own pocket, or was used to buy things you cannot steal?

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Spinney said:
So the amount of money it would have cost you to buy the training programme legally is going to be given to charity, is it? Which one?

Or is that just to make your actions look better, wheras in truth you would rather the money stayed in your own pocket, or was used to buy things you cannot steal?
Hmmm the amount i personally donate to charity is not you business to be honest, but the fact my father set up a fairly successful homeless charity in the 90s and i was asked to work their from the age of 14 may give you an idea you judgmental.... i won't even bother.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I wasn't asking about your general giving which, as you say, is none of my business.

I was just asking whether you had, in fact, given the purchase price of the training programme to charity, as you implied when 'justifying' your theft. It came a little lame after your first excuse that it is OK because everyone does it.

That is all.

jimboalee

$120 is a joke anyway.

Go to Waterstones and slip a copy af the Royal Marines book inside your rainmac. That's only £20 you've not spent.

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Spinney said:
I wasn't asking about your general giving which, as you say, is none of my business.

I was just asking whether you had, in fact, given the purchase price of the training programme to charity, as you implied when 'justifying' your theft. It came a little lame after your first excuse that it is OK because everyone does it.

That is all.
Well i sponsored a goo friend of mine £50, he's running the Marathon des sables for Leukemia Research, would not have afforded that amount if i'd apent £60 on the equivalent of 2 dvds and a pamphlet.

Top Bottom