Invisible me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:
I don't agree there, Col - it's not busy - those are all just parked cars, and when Magnatom set off out of the side road the car that hit him was still going forward. She went very quickly from stopping to reversing, and obviously made the mistake of reversing without looking to see that there was space to do so.

IMHO, the only thing Magnatom did wrong was to fail to spot the silver car pull to a stop and its reversing lights go on, which may have warned him to be aware. But then maybe he did, but didn't expect the dark car to reverse as well since it looked like it was driving around the silver one with lots of room to spare (it's already over the middle line at 19secs).

Whether you think Magnatom should or shouldn't have been in that position, the driver still backed up without checking her mirror - very unwise to do so in the middle of a road, wouldn't you say ? There could have been a bus or a big truck bearing down on her at that point, and she'd have suffered a lot more than someone yelling "Oi !!" at her ! ;)

As he approaches the junction the car that reverses into the parking space is already stopped with reversing lights on,the car that reversed into him was not indicating right but trying to pass the reversing parked car which was blocking the road,it doesnt take much to see whats happening,but he still insists on moving forward,looks like another opertunity to dramatise it to me,unless he doesnt watch the road properly and made a dangerous mistake by not seeing what was going on there?It did backfire on him a little too:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
BentMikey said:
I must admit this topic makes me want to put an airzound on the Fujin!! Drivers react much faster to this than to a shouted Oi.

You haven't heard me shout "Oi" in a gruff Manc accent (although I'm a but posher than that) ;):biggrin:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
col said:
As he approaches the junction the car that reverses into the parking space is already stopped with reversing lights on,the car that reversed into him was not indicating right but trying to pass the reversing parked car which was blocking the road,it doesnt take much to see whats happening,but he still insists on moving forward,looks like another opertunity to dramatise it to me,unless he doesnt watch the road properly and made a dangerous mistake by not seeing what was going on there?It did backfire on him a little too:biggrin:

Col - I can't ignore you any longer. You're the metaphorical itch that just needs to be scratched.

I've got my work head on, so no big flights of fancy. Here goes.

You are are talking sh1te.

Magnatom was stationary when the reverse lights came on (22 seconds). Any movement after that is Mag's head - nothing more.

Are you seriously suggesting Mags put himself there knowing that driver would reverse? Are you seriously suggesting that Mags deliberately cycled into the back of the reversing car? Why would the driver apologise if it was completely Mag's fault?

The driver failed to follow the highway code rules 202. The driver attempted an unecessary pass due to impatience, failed to read the road and then performed an unecessary reverse without observation, again due to impatience.

I'm going to suprise you col. If that would have happened to me, I wouldn't have put it up. Why? Because the driver acknowledged their mistake. Hopefully, in an ideal world where people learn from their mistakes, they will be a bit more careful next time.

BentMikey said:
Hackers, if you carry on being a div, I'll just put you on ignore.

Do what you want,but it was only a joke.
So it's ok for you to do it.
I.E The specsavers quip more then once but the other way and you can't take it. sad.I even put a ";)" to show it was a joke or do you know it's true?

Least I don't have to come out with insults.

BentMikey said:
I must admit this topic makes me want to put an airzound on the Fujin!! Drivers react much faster to this than to a shouted Oi.

I have found that as well.

Arch

Married to Night Train
BentMikey said:

I bet they'd react to a chainwheel embedded in their boot lid too!:biggrin:

(Aside: Someone at a roadshow once tried to tell us that a recumbent was more dangerous than a car, because if you hit a ped, you'd stab them. Whereas if a car hit a ped, it was designed so that they just rolled off....;))

OP
OP
M

magnatom

One question col. Have you ever, ever said ANYTHING positive about my cycling? Go and search back through your old posts. I suspect I know the answer. If as I suspect the answer is no, then I suspect one of two things, either

a) You just don't like me or you find complaining about me as amusing/self gratifying
b)I have in every video that you have ever commented on, been the one at fault.

Mmm.

col

Legendary Member
Bollo said:
Col - I can't ignore you any longer. You're the metaphorical itch that just needs to be scratched.

I've got my work head on, so no big flights of fancy. Here goes.

You are are talking sh1te.

Magnatom was stationary when the reverse lights came on (22 seconds). Any movement after that is Mag's head - nothing more.

Are you seriously suggesting Mags put himself there knowing that driver would reverse? Are you seriously suggesting that Mags deliberately cycled into the back of the reversing car? Why would the driver apologise if it was completely Mag's fault?

The driver failed to follow the highway code rules 202. The driver attempted an unecessary pass due to impatience, failed to read the road and then performed an unecessary reverse without observation, again due to impatience.

I'm going to suprise you col. If that would have happened to me, I wouldn't have put it up. Why? Because the driver acknowledged their mistake. Hopefully, in an ideal world where people learn from their mistakes, they will be a bit more careful next time.

You should make a mags club,you could be the chair.:biggrin:
Im seriously suggesting he made a dangerous mistake,your the one saying im suggesting things that i havnt said.Im going to surprise you too...........BOO:laugh:

Arch said:
I bet they'd react to a chainwheel embedded in their boot lid too!:thumbsup:

(Aside: Someone at a roadshow once tried to tell us that a recumbent was more dangerous than a car, because if you hit a ped, you'd stab them. Whereas if a car hit a ped, it was designed so that they just rolled off....:biggrin:)

Same thing with motorcycles years ago,remember when they had the numberplate on the front mudguard?:thumbsup:

Ooops im not slagging off recumbents.:thumbsup:

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
One question col. Have you ever, ever said ANYTHING positive about my cycling? Go and search back through your old posts. I suspect I know the answer. If as I suspect the answer is no, then I suspect one of two things, either

a) You just don't like me or you find complaining about me as amusing/self gratifying
b)I have in every video that you have ever commented on, been the one at fault.

Mmm.

Like iv said to you before mag,im saying it how i see it,sometimes i saw questionable actions from you in the past,sometimes not,but im giving a point of view or an opinion?It just so happens this time too seems to me to be a mistake on your part.

col

Legendary Member
:sad:
goo_mason said:
<Taps feet and impatiently waits for the inevitable arrival of Mr Hippo and his scathing personal attack on Maggers' cycling skills.>

:blush:

Im not attacking or scathing him,im saying what i see,it gets attacking and scathing when i respond to things said about/to me:biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
col said:
:blush:

Im not attacking or scathing him,im saying what i see,it gets attacking and scathing when i respond to things said about/to me:biggrin:

Is this you revealing yourself as Mr Hippo, Col ? :sad:

It was him wading in to the discussion that I was waiting for...

col

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:
Is this you revealing yourself as Mr Hippo, Col ? :sad:

It was him wading in to the discussion that I was waiting for...

Oh i see sorry,me mr hippo? mmmm;)

Top Bottom