Invisible me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

User3143 said:
Does it really matter to you?

To me, no. But I'm just trying to show that Col is biased in relation to my cycling, for whatever reason.

In our first few exchanges we didn't hit it off Lee, but I think you've mellowed a little, not in your views, but your approach to posting. I've also had a chance to read more of what you have to say, and so I can see where you are coming from. You have a point of view and you can back it up with reasoned argument. As would be expected with someone like this, you sometimes can also see my point of view. Col, can't and never will. That IMO is not due to reason, but due to some bias against me. I have no idea why though.

What is this bias?

Is it the way you ride?

We are all biased in our views in some way or other.Col thinks different and so do I.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

hackbike 666 said:
What is this bias?

Is it the way you ride?

We are all biased in our views in some way or other.Col thinks different and so do I.

Of course we are all biased, but Col appears to biased against me specifically. Just wonder why?

Plax

Guru
It looks like there is a concrete central reservation? If that is the case the black car should have waited patiently for the silver car to finish their manouvere rather than trying to drive round it on the approach to a central reservation. Clearly in another world. Having said that if I was the silver car and I wasn't blocking the road I might have waited for the black car to pass before starting to park up.

To be fair to Mags, on my first viewing of the video the black car does look like it is turning right so I'd probably haave done the same thing.

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
You are quite right Lee. On the video you can see the reverse lights of the silver car before I cross. However, note that as I cycle I am not watching a video, which I can replay over and over again to look at in detail. A few folk have suggested that on first, possibly second view of the video all they saw was a line of traffic. Also remember that my eyes move independant of my head (Eagle Eyes!:smile:) so where the camera looks is not where I am looking at all times. So approaching this junction I was keeping an eye on a number of things. Traffic coming from the right, the left, pedestians, bumps in the road, the car which appeared to me to be turning and moving out of my way etc.

So yes, I didn't see the car with the reverse lights on, but I don't think that was any great crime (I'm not suggesting that you are saying that Lee). So yes from an observational point of view I failed, but I would probably suggest that most others would have failed to spot that as well.

Even if they had, it is still a fair leap to consider that a car at that junction which, if you pull up behind (close because they stopped unexpectedly as I crossed a junction that I could not stop until I crossed it), would reverse.

Maybe I should have done a Question of Sport, what happened next question on this video. I'd have been amazed if anyone would have predicted the reverse of the car even if I pause as late as 21 seconds.

P.S. Lee your posts are even in criticism are much better recently IMO. I glad I don't use ignore lists!

Your using the reversing into you car as a red herring,first thing i saw was you crossing to a possible danger spot.It wasnt hard to see what was happening.

magnatom said:
To me, no. But I'm just trying to show that Col is biased in relation to my cycling, for whatever reason.

In our first few exchanges we didn't hit it off Lee, but I think you've mellowed a little, not in your views, but your approach to posting. I've also had a chance to read more of what you have to say, and so I can see where you are coming from. You have a point of view and you can back it up with reasoned argument. As would be expected with someone like this, you sometimes can also see my point of view. Col, can't and never will. That IMO is not due to reason, but due to some bias against me. I have no idea why though.

Im posting my observations of your vids,if you posted a vid of you cycling otherwise id say so too.

magnatom said:
Of course we are all biased, but Col appears to biased against me specifically. Just wonder why?

Wonder no more,im not,i just dissagree with what you post for us to watch,then blame others all the time it seems.When in my opinion you could have avoided most of these incidents.

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
Magnatom, what would you have done from start to finish in that video if you'd been driving a car?

Its easy to say now,of course he would drive as we would expect,so i cant see the point of this after the fact?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
col said:
Its easy to say now,of course he would drive as we would expect,so i cant see the point of this after the fact?

Ah, but I know Magnatom will answer honestly and fairly, even if it's against him. You, on the other hand, I wonder.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

BentMikey said:
Magnatom, what would you have done from start to finish in that video if you'd been driving a car?

Sorry BM. Missed this one.

Hmm. Actuallyin my current car (big 7 seater), I wouldn't have pulled across. It wouldn't accelarate as fast, and I wouldn't have had the space to turn. In a small car though,..mmmm, I dunno, probably. As you know a bike is more manoeuvrable and takes up less room so I am sure there are times when I would do something that even in a small car I wouldn't. Does that make it wrong though?

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Col, have you answered my question yet? Or are you still searching?

What question ?

BentMikey said:
Ah, but I know Magnatom will answer honestly and fairly, even if it's against him. You, on the other hand, I wonder.

I suspect i know him differently,as i know you too as a liar and an underhand person who will twist things just so you can win an argument.

Origamist

Legendary Member
col said:
I suspect i know him differently,as i know you too as a liar and an underhand person who will twist things just so you can win an argument.

Col, calling other people "liars" is low.

Top Bottom