Is £30 to put 2 sides of bicycle brakes a rip off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Couple of things on the puncture, if the tyre was very low then the tube can get get between the rim & the tyre & can tear, it can also move around inside the tyre again not something it's designed to do & then can puncture very easily. Also if it was a thorn/nail/sharp stone that caused the puncture just pumping it up again will not repair it & can possible make it far worse like possibly in this case.

Why not take the bike to the lady professional who advised you about the inner tube?

Brandane

Legendary Member
1_head_shake_grande.gif

OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
These are the front and back brakes. Good news! I played with the brakes yesterday as one of you guys tell me to tweak my bicycle and the back brakes works now https://gofile.io/d/QIu0b9

I can't upload the video on the website mobile phone.

OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
Can anyone comment about the video? I am outside now do I can still take anymore videos if anyone needs any. I can only stay outside for another 15 minutes.

Right the problem to me looks like the front brake pads are only touching the rim when fully engaged. The cable tension isn’t high enough, you need to do the following:
-Undo the bolt holding the wire a little,
-Push the brakes on and pull the slack out the cable but not at the bar at the wheel.
-Tighten up the bolt holding the wire.

if you are not confident doing this don’t make the adjustment and go to the LBS. You also do need cables as they are well frayed.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Surely this is all a wind up?

Top Bottom