Is cycling the only regular exercise you get?

My exercise mostly consists of

• 99% cycling

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Cycling and walking

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • Cycling and the gym

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Cycling and running

• Cycling and strength exercises

• Getting off the sofa to get a beer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I get breathless thinking about it.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other stuff

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Why "strength exercises" separate from "going to the gym". I go to the gym, and I do exercises that are related to strength there.

Its the fools that drive to the gym then spend 45 minutes on the treadmill that make me roll my eyes. Cut out the middleman, save some time and a lot of money.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mostly on the bike. I don't like gyms/classes as I got bored - too used to being outside. I'll quite happily walk across Manchester, especially if there is beer at the end. I do quite a lot of gardening and DIY as well though.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
There haven't been anywhere enough complaints about the options of the poll. It seems I'm the only one carrying out this traditional duty.

Why "strength exercises" separate from "going to the gym". I go to the gym, and I do exercises that are related to strength there.

Becausec strength exercise and the gym are not one and the same.

MarkF

Guru
Apart from cycling, luckily, my job entails walking 8+ miles a day. I gave up football 2 years ago but am seizing up, so may start again, I am 56................I go to the gym 3 times a week, I don't do any cardio stuff, my bike is for that and I don't use useless/pontless fancy machines, just a bench, bars, dumbells, kettles some free weights and voila! I am ripped, buff even, I've had a life long fear of getting fat and now I am ageing it's fear of being a spindly guy too. Never!

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I have an allotment. That’s lots of exercise and fresh veg and salad too.

tyred

Legendary Member
Is that Irish dancing? .... I'd love to be able to do Irish dancing. Love watching it, I even seen Riverdance 3 times!

No. Latin dancing. A friend got me into salsa a few years ago and it's something I've fallen in love with and probably one of the best hobbies I've ever had as the social scene is enormous.

I would actually like to learn Irish dancing too but it's actually very difficult to find classes for adults as most are aimed at children.

Reactions: GM

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Its the fools that drive to the gym then spend 45 minutes on the treadmill that make me roll my eyes. Cut out the middleman, save some time and a lot of money.

Exactly walk or cycle to the gym, don't in, go home and spend the money saved on a few pints.
It's time for that old 'escalator from car park to gym' photo! :okay:

escalator-sm.jpg

:laugh:

Top Bottom