Is cycling the only regular exercise you get?

My exercise mostly consists of

• 99% cycling

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Cycling and walking

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • Cycling and the gym

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Cycling and running

• Cycling and strength exercises

• Getting off the sofa to get a beer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I get breathless thinking about it.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other stuff

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS I'm amazed that nobody ever suggested that they are running up the 'down' escalator!

PS it's the States ? Wrong side :tongue: Come on, no yank goes the wrong way up something...:rolleyes:

Nebulous

Guru
I walk dog 3 miles a day, during the week, 5 or 6 at weekends. I ride my bike somewhat intermittently. Gym used to be almost entirely confined to a gym bike with occasional weights. Last winter I cancelled the gym and got a dumb turbo. I did far less than I should have and reached the spring less fit than I would have liked. This winter I've bought a smart turbo and worked consistently 4-5 sessions a week all the way since mid-November.

I do occasional projects for strength I bought a new house last year and spent two weeks holiday breaking up cement raised flower beds with a pick and carrying rubble and earth to the skip. Over 30 tonnes all in.

Trevrev

Veteran
Apart from cycling, luckily, my job entails walking 8+ miles a day. I gave up football 2 years ago but am seizing up, so may start again, I am 56................I go to the gym 3 times a week, I don't do any cardio stuff, my bike is for that and I don't use useless/pontless fancy machines, just a bench, bars, dumbells, kettles some free weights and voila! I am ripped, buff even, I've had a life long fear of getting fat and now I am ageing it's fear of being a spindly guy too. Never!

Never too old to be buff.

Walking is the only thing I do regularly in addition to cycling but I've never actually measured it consistently to say how much and it tends to be getting of the bus a stop early rather than sitting in traffic for a shorter walk to work; and that's only about 1/2 a mile.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
We went for a walk today as it was too icy fit the bikes. In the end, we walked 11 miles :shy:

Apart from cycling, for the last year I have taken up dancing and I do at least 2 x 1.5 hours of Latin and ballroom dance classes per week plus social dances if any decent ones going. I enjoy dancing with my partner and the best exercise is when you don't really notice that you are exercising ie its just fun. Ballroom jive is especially energetic.

Top Bottom