It's Ninja season. Yayyyy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
"Looking where you're going" won't help you if you fail to see someone using the road illegally, due to the fact they aren't complying with the legal requirement to have lights on, between certain hours of the day.

Oh, yeah. Got my wires crossed and though this was one of those threads complaining about people wearing black.

Still a good statistic though. My car is conveniently fog/asphalt coloured so I reckon it's the stealthiest thing around.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
My morning commutes are starting to be 100 percent in the dark again now. Every year, without fail, it never ceases to amaze me, how many road users, fail to grasp the concept of lights. I nearly got broadsided by 2 cyclists, wearing dark clothes, and not having illuminated lights, of any description. Then I got the shock of my day, when a line of traffic approached from my right, at a junction. They all had their lights on, except for one, who's lack of any lights ( it was still before official 'lights off' time, and pretty dark ) made it appear as though there was a gap in the line, where there wasn't. Fortunately experience has taught me to expect complete idiots like this to be around, so I double checked before moving. Good job I did too:eek:. The motorists behind him were flashing their lights, as were the motorists on the opposite carriageway, to no avail:banghead:. Every year I despair, of how such a simple concept ( it's dark, you must have effective lights, to use the roads, legally) evades so many people.
When I used to work for a well known cycle courier, there were loads of riders who'd ride around after dark in black clothes and without a single light. I used to get pretty upset that this well known cycle courier would do nothing about people working for them putting their safety at risk.

Drago

Legendary Member
The annual "motorists that don't dip their headlamps" thread is due on the 6th October, closely followed by the "painfully bright Chinese bike lights" thread.

Reactions: mjr

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
The annual "motorists that don't dip their headlamps" thread is due on the 6th October, closely followed by the "painfully bright Chinese bike lights" thread.
Have you changed your profile pic while Ive been reading this?
Damn, that's annoying.
Members with unseasonal profile pics threads?

jayonabike