I've seen it all now!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Big, fat, waddling woman ... doing a paper round this morning ... by CAR ... drive to one front door, stop, waddle out, post paper through letter box, drive 20ft to next front door, waddle out, etc ...

I have seen her before too - she lives not 5 minutes bike ride from my road! How long is a paper round? Probably 3 or 4 miles in an urban area? Beggars belief really!

Christ, Sadly I can fully believe it too.

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Any chance of a video? :evil:

Lol! I'm afraid I don't have the equipment!
blush.gif

Does she leave the car running while she does it too?

Yes she does! I wonder if wage from paper round minus cost of petrol means that she just about breaks even ...
huh.gif

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've seen parents drive their kids round a paper round FFS. When I was a lad, a bike was essential for my round as it covered all the roads outlying the 'walkable rounds' - for my additional miles (probably about 5 miles a day) I was paid the princely sum of an extra 10p per week.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I've seen the same guy a few times reverse onto the public footpath  then continue 5 yards to post a letter in a post box without leaving the car, I regularly see a few mums drop their kids off at school (60 yards away) and they live around the corner from it, 3 to 4 minute walk max,  then go back home with the car! ... some people!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Look at it this way ... she must be getting some exercise (more than normal for her) walking up their garden paths :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's the same folk that spend ages getting a parking spot as close as possible to the front door of the supermarket. I've usually parked up, somewhere where it's easy to get out of the car park, and walked in the store before they have got out of their car.

Top Bottom