Just back from A&E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I've been sent home. Bummer.

They don't have the particular plate in stock for my break so they're ordering it and will call when it's in. No ETA for this. :-(

I did get to see my x-ray and it's definitely a displaced fracture, just before the end where it meets the shoulder.
At least I am on stronger painkillers now, Solpodol or something like that.

They don't have the particular plate in stock for my break so they're ordering it and will call when it's in.
I'd imagine being on Scotland the only plates they can find are these...
-food-diet-concept-served-on-a-plate-as-a-mountain-of-greasy-fried-restaurant-take-out-as-onion-.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
Bad luck GC. For me they had to order the "kit" which included the plate and screws. They are expensive so are not usually kept in stock. Mine took a week and the kit arrives vacuum packed for guaranteed sterility. To add an extra frisson of excitement they made me wait outside the theatre while they checked the vacuum was still intact, proving sterility. The anaesthetic was excellent with no after-effects beyond a few days of tiredness. I woke up feeling very cold but they warmed me with a hot air blanket, a lovely sensation.

(Just seen my own Sawbones who has scheduled a capsule release op on 8 April meaning I will have to go through all of this again.)

vickster

Legendary Member
I've been sent home. Bummer.

They don't have the particular plate in stock for my break so they're ordering it and will call when it's in. No ETA for this. :-(

I did get to see my x-ray and it's definitely a displaced fracture, just before the end where it meets the shoulder.
At least I am on stronger painkillers now, Solpodol or something like that.
Solpadol is the brand name for 30/500 co-codamol

Slioch

Guru
Ouch. GWS!

Top Bottom