Just back from A&E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They gave me a morphine injection five minutes ago plus two cocodamol..
Can't say I feel any benefit yet.

You will. Zzzzzz

Mo1959

Legendary Member
They gave me a morphine injection five minutes ago plus two cocodamol..
Can't say I feel any benefit yet.
I don’t remember being in much pain directly after the op. Think they maybe injected something before waking up. It was the following day I really struggled. I remember getting the shuttle bus from Ninewells to PRI where someone was picking me up. Every jolt in the bus seemed to go right through me.

Hope you get a sleep once the painkillers kick in.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Pump, attached to you and you can press a button if you need a hit. I think they're more reserved now for pailliative care in cancer

It's going to hurt unfortunately, they've drilled into bone. It's the impact on the periosteum covering the bones which hurts like fook, either from the break or the drilling to attach the metal work
I had the pump after both operations on my Femur, quite clever in that they're 'timed' to only allow another dosage after so many minutes.

GWS @glasgowcyclist

Globalti

Legendary Member
I had a nerve block, which lasted about 12 hours plus my bones had gone to sleep after 3 months of non-union so I was able to control the pain with regular paracetamol. You are in a better situation having had the plate almost immediately after the break meaning you don't need to worry about the bone waking up and healing and as the pain diminishes you'll know you're heading straight for a full recovery. Just heed the physios and get that shoulder moving as soon as the pain allows to prevent it freezing like mine has.

tom73

Guru
Give it a day or so and it will start to settle. If your in pain just tell them if your not written up for much and it's not working then a quick phone call and they can get you on something else. May sound odd but eating something will help with the sickness.
:hugs:

Top Bottom