Just back from A&E

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by glasgowcyclist, 27 Feb 2019.

1. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

That's interesting thanks.

2. Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

Almost completely OT a bit but a couple of years ago I was talking to a medically qualified friend and she told me there had been double blind experiments on keyhole cartilage "clean up" ops. Some people they just made the hole, others they did the actual clean up, and the results were inconclusive about its efficacy. (Knees IIRC which is why it's OT)

Note that's a memory of a 2 year old casual conversation about knees, so little better than anecdote really. Maybe I'll see if I can find any references. I'm interested because I have Old Man's Knee. (General clicky painfulness).

Last edited: 10 Apr 2019
  3. Globalti

GC how are you feeling now almost seven weeks down the line?

4. OP
    OP
    glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Charming but somewhat feckless

Much better, thanks.

Although I still have no muscle strength back, the physiotherapy has restored a lot of the range of movement in my shoulder. They added a new exercise last week involving abducting the arm which the doc at my last two assessments specifically told me to avoid. I contacted the fracture clinic to check but both the doc and the surgeon are on leave until next week so I'm avoiding this exercise until I get confirmation.

5. Globalti

My surgeon wrote "no physio for 10 days" on the discharge notes after my plating. After that my physio was happy for me to move any way.

8 days now since the capsule release and the stretching is making it flippin' hurt, all the time. The pain is almost as bad as broken ribs. Everybody said it would hurt.

DCBassman likes this.
  6. DCBassman

DCBassman Veteran

A like for what is about to be a shared pain...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice