Just back from A&E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Keep pushing and you will get a result. They may have a cancellation. Tell them it's affecting your quality of life, that seems to push a button.

Are you back on the bike?

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Keep pushing and you will get a result. They may have a cancellation. Tell them it's affecting your quality of life, that seems to push a button.

Are you back on the bike?

I'm already in the category for short notice cancellations. I'll wait till I hear back from theatre bookings before pressing it further.

Still not on the bike, partly because I'm still unable to bear weight on my shoulder and partly because I'm still much too nervous anyway. I've got a monthly bus/train/subway pass now so haven't used the bike or car in four months. Definitely not missing the car (except for very long journeys) and I'm discovering new places I can access more easily by public transport.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm already in the category for short notice cancellations. I'll wait till I hear back from theatre bookings before pressing it further.

Still not on the bike, partly because I'm still unable to bear weight on my shoulder and partly because I'm still much too nervous anyway. I've got a monthly bus/train/subway pass now so haven't used the bike or car in four months. Definitely not missing the car (except for very long journeys) and I'm discovering new places I can access more easily by public transport.

Every cloud.. fingers crossed you get fixed soon - physically and in terms of worrying about riding.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

A "like" at times just isn't enough! Still think Traviata tops it.

It might well do but I've not yet seen that. Even if it does, Rigoletto will always be special as my first opera.
I haven't seen that many others; Don Pasquale at Teatro di Roma, Carmen at L'Arena, and Madama Butterfly but forget where.
(P.S. I happened to be on holiday at these places when the operas were on, I didn't go specifically!)

Globalti

Legendary Member
I love operatic arias but not the boring stuff in between; I'm obviously not intellectual enough.

My grandad was light opera critic for The Times.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

I love operatic arias but not the boring stuff in between; I'm obviously not intellectual enough.

My grandad was light opera critic for The Times.

We went as it was something different from the usual going to the pictures etc. We saw Rigoletto (with supertitles) at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall and it just blew me away. After that we'd check out the local theatres whenever we were on holiday in Italy and go see something. The most spectacular setting yet, and I don't think will ever be beaten, is Verona's L'Arena. An amazing atmosphere and to be sitting out under the stars from 9pm until after midnight on a warm July evening really is something.

We were up in the cheap seats, where the yellow dot is.

l'arena.jpg

Got the call as I was leaving the office: they had just sent me a letter to tell me I was scheduled for 26 July but ... could I take a cancellation and come in on Friday 5th? You bet!

So that's it arranged. I'd rather get it done sooner than later.
The faster, the better. Then you can begin to pull away from the whole thing. Amazing how these things take over your life...

Top Bottom