Just back from A&E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
^^^ are you sure you're up to it with your poorly shoulder and all?! :ohmy:

I'm glad to hear it went okay.

Hopefully you'll be riding a bit before too long, but I'd suggest taking advantage of the situation and letting everyone else run about for a while. You don't want to make it worse...

I'm told large amounts of chocolate speeds recovery BTW.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Ooh, I'm sore this morning now that all the hospital meds have worn off!

They gave me ibuprofen and cocodamol home with me and I've already started on those. Feels like someone has hit me with a baseball bat. Two weeks of rest now and then back to physiotherapy.

I'd a bit of a long wait, six hours in a waiting room after admission, which isn't the most comfortable in a hospital gown with your arse hanging out. They were very busy though and someone had to be at the end of the queue. All the staff were brilliant once again.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was given codeine but I stopped taking it after a day; it constipated me completely and when I took it I experienced an hour of massive depression. I stuck with paracetamol and ibuprofen and only paracetamol after the plating op because there's a possibility that ibuprofen inhibits bone repair.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

there's a possibility that ibuprofen inhibits bone repair.

I mentioned that to the anaesthetist and he said it wasn't a problem now that the bone had knitted.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

How's the recovery going now GC? Are you back on the bike? How much arm muscle have you lost?

Not back on the bike yet, still don't have the appetite for it.

My arm muscle is ridiculously weak, I couldn't arm wrestle a small child. I have an arm like a sparrow's leg. I have resumed physio sessions so I'm hoping to move onto resistance stuff soon to build it back up.

Not back on the bike yet, still don't have the appetite for it.

My arm muscle is ridiculously weak, I couldn't arm wrestle a small child. I have an arm like a sparrow's leg. I have resumed physio sessions so I'm hoping to move onto resistance stuff soon to build it back up.
Arms like a sparrow, that's normal for me :ohmy:

A few days on the bus/ train or being stuck in traffic usually gives me the appetite; good luck :okay:

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Arms like a sparrow, that's normal for me :ohmy:

A few days on the bus/ train or being stuck in traffic usually gives me the appetite; good luck :okay:

I've been on the bus for two and a half months now. If anything it's less stressful than my cycle commute, even though it takes twice as long. I'm not constantly looking around me waiting for the next close pass or some tit left/right hooking me.

I appreciate the positive intent of your message though.

I've been on the bus for two and a half months now. If anything it's less stressful than my cycle commute, even though it takes twice as long. I'm not constantly looking around me waiting for the next close pass or some tit left/right hooking me.

I appreciate the positive intent of your message though.
:ohmy: Its more stressful for me, that many folk with coughs and colds (which freaks me out) and it gets caught frustratingly in traffic; the bike for me is fresh air and I'm in control of my own time, if I had a stressful route I'd plan around it (even if its longer). But if your finding it the other way don't mock it :okay:

Top Bottom