Just out of curiosity...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I'm 32 and the longest ride I've ever done was 77ish miles in just under 5 (I think) hours of moving time. That was on a pancake flat route though and I'm very slow on hills, around 6mph until I run out of puff and have to get off :tongue: I'm 5' 3", with very short legs, and 16+ stone so losing a bit of lard would probably help me move faster.

barrymanifold

Iam 56 and 60 mile is just under 4 hrs 1200 ft cake break at 45 mile .

ACS

Legendary Member
55 years old, the second worst hill climber in the UK if not the entire planet. Happy to make 14 - 15 mph; living NE Scotland any route with less than 2000 feet of climbing is considered flat.

screenman

Legendary Member
I live in Lincolnshire, what is a hill? Now do not talk about headwinds, why when I ride a circular route is it in my face all the way.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
60 years old, 60 mile ride just under 4 hrs, unless we stop for coffee wich is not very often. Am 5ft 8ins.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I'm 4, and 60 miles takes just over 3hrs. I'm in Cambs, but I can find hills near here. I also cycle in Devon, alot more hills, but a similar time.... give or take.
I have very stumpy legs........

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I'm 48 and a bit fat. Last 60 miler took me 4 hrs 23mins not including stopping for the loo and to get some cake (hence the fat bits). I live in Norfolk and, at the moment, I tend to average about 13mph.
I'm not ever so tall, 5'8" or maybe a smidge shorter and have a 'medium' sized Giant.

Top Bottom