Just sold the car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Nearly two years on, I still feel the same :thumbsup:

mattsr

Sold mine about three years ago, and I don't miss it one bit! I hardly even think about the fact that I am carless now- apart from the fact that I am saving a load of money, and getting exercise I otherwise wouldn't have done. Welcome to the club!! :welcome:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have been car free in the past but I do need one for work now, as does the OH. Its tricky to transport 30kg of dog grooming equipment and cover a big chunk of S Norfolk without a little car. Except for work, the cars do a lot of sitting about, which is probably a good thing really.
I am quite envious of you all now.

Getting rid of the car certainly is a liberating feeling I think. I've been car free now for about 2 years 9 months & I haven't missed it one bit. This year I've explored more of my local area than I would have done if I hadn't given up my car and become a keen cyclist so it's definitely been a liberation for me in that regard.

Drago

Legendary Member
I just sold mine. The wife had MS and I can foresee a time when she will have to quit work and we won't be able to afford 2, so I've got my digs in now so were all set and ready when the time comes.

Peugeot 107... £6200 new after a fat discount, 22 months and 11,000 miles later I sold it for £6050, so it tuned out well.

We still got the Mom Truck, but no more personal car for me and TBH I ain't missing it.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The last car I owned was such a hilarious farce that it put me off car ownership. We (as in my wife and I) have a very old car, but I only use it for getting to band practice once a week, and if I could fit all my gear on my bike I would.

OP
OP
lulubel

lulubel

Über Member
It is kind of weird to think that we haven't got a car at all now, even though we hadn't used it for over 6 months, and it had a flat battery for most of that time. It just means if we DO want to go anywhere, we need to be a bit organised.

I'm thinking about putting a Rixen Kaul bracket on the front of the Surly so I can just clip one of those big bag type things on it if I need to go anywhere and get shopping. Then I could put a small bar bag on it when I go for long rides as well because I'm struggling for space in my wedge pack when I want to take plenty of food and my camera (as well as all my tools, tubes and stuff). A bracket on the front seems less offensive on a road bike than a rack on the back!

Top Bottom