Just sold the car

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by lulubel, 16 Aug 2012.

1. lulubel

lulubel Über Member

And it feels really liberating :biggrin:

theclaud, Col5632, 400bhp and 4 others like this.
  2. coffeejo

coffeejo Ælfrēd

Nearly two years on, I still feel the same :thumbsup:

Drago likes this.
  3. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

good..

Drago likes this.
  4. Markymark

Markymark Guest

Tried to sell mine and couldn't.....

I now feel silly I have this thing depriciating whilst I barely use it.

Drago likes this.
  5. mattsr

mattsr Senior Member

Sold mine about three years ago, and I don't miss it one bit! I hardly even think about the fact that I am carless now- apart from the fact that I am saving a load of money, and getting exercise I otherwise wouldn't have done. Welcome to the club!! :welcome:

coffeejo and Drago like this.
  6. Saluki

Saluki I've run away with my friends to..

I have been car free in the past but I do need one for work now, as does the OH. Its tricky to transport 30kg of dog grooming equipment and cover a big chunk of S Norfolk without a little car. Except for work, the cars do a lot of sitting about, which is probably a good thing really.
    I am quite envious of you all now.

7. Jefferson Meriwether

Jefferson Meriwether Über Member

Getting rid of the car certainly is a liberating feeling I think. I've been car free now for about 2 years 9 months & I haven't missed it one bit. This year I've explored more of my local area than I would have done if I hadn't given up my car and become a keen cyclist so it's definitely been a liberation for me in that regard.

Peteaud and Drago like this.
  8. Drago

Drago Guru

I just sold mine. The wife had MS and I can foresee a time when she will have to quit work and we won't be able to afford 2, so I've got my digs in now so were all set and ready when the time comes.

Peugeot 107... £6200 new after a fat discount, 22 months and 11,000 miles later I sold it for £6050, so it tuned out well.

We still got the Mom Truck, but no more personal car for me and TBH I ain't missing it.

The Gamble likes this.
  9. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

The last car I owned was such a hilarious farce that it put me off car ownership. We (as in my wife and I) have a very old car, but I only use it for getting to band practice once a week, and if I could fit all my gear on my bike I would.

10. Drago

Drago Guru

If you'd fitted a new check valve in the brake servo pipe your stalling would've been cured.

11. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

Ah, too late now :smile:

12. mattsr

mattsr Senior Member

A new what valve in the what pipe now??? :wacko:

HovR and coffeejo like this.
  13. OP
    OP
    lulubel

lulubel Über Member

It is kind of weird to think that we haven't got a car at all now, even though we hadn't used it for over 6 months, and it had a flat battery for most of that time. It just means if we DO want to go anywhere, we need to be a bit organised.

I'm thinking about putting a Rixen Kaul bracket on the front of the Surly so I can just clip one of those big bag type things on it if I need to go anywhere and get shopping. Then I could put a small bar bag on it when I go for long rides as well because I'm struggling for space in my wedge pack when I want to take plenty of food and my camera (as well as all my tools, tubes and stuff). A bracket on the front seems less offensive on a road bike than a rack on the back!

14. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

O, any car will sell if the price is right.

15. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Never had a car, you get used to it! ^_^

Cyclist33 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice