Leeds-Scarborough 30 September 2017: The White Rose Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alibaba

Über Member
image.png

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

That's great and see you then

You will be on an earlier train than me but that's no problem. When you get off the train there are plenty of places to find something to eat and drink if you need to

Please remember to follow signs for "South Exit" or "Granary Wharf".....don't go through the main exit. My train arrives about 08.36

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A late - and partial - ride entry from me.

As canvassed in another thread, I will park at Scarborough and solo the route in reverse to meet you in Malton.

Timings are clear enough from the thread, so I shall aim to reach Malton not long after 1pm, leaving when the ride does.

It's a bit chilly this side of the Pennines, and I see there may be a shower or two, so my suggestion is bring a couple of light layers.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Whaddaya reckon, Short sleeve and armwarmers or longsleeve?

On the basis you may want the armwarmers on all ride, my suggestion is long sleeves.

Lycra is not my thing, but presumably you can pull up/roll up a long sleeve if necessary.

si_c

Guru
On the basis you may want the armwarmers on all ride, my suggestion is long sleeves.

Lycra is not my thing, but presumably you can pull up/roll up a long sleeve if necessary.
I've been commuting all week in short sleeve with a base layer and fingerless gloves, other side of the Pennines though and it was a mite cold. I may just winter up.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Ya bloody softies , its short sleeve jersey only weather , next you will be saying your bringing a duffle coat and balaclava

alibaba

Über Member
That's great and see you then

You will be on an earlier train than me but that's no problem. When you get off the train there are plenty of places to find something to eat and drink if you need to

Please remember to follow signs for "South Exit" or "Granary Wharf".....don't go through the main exit. My train arrives about 08.36
Thanks for info

Our street has a power cut at the moment. It's been out for the past hour. So final bits of ride prep, pack up snacks etc might have to be done in torchlight. Phone doesn't have much charge left either so no web access until juice comes back on.

Looking forward to tomorrow. See you all at Leeds and @PaleRider at Malton.

Cheers

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Our street has a power cut at the moment. It's been out for the past hour. So final bits of ride prep, pack up snacks etc might have to be done in torchlight. Phone doesn't have much charge left either so no web access until juice comes back on.
I hope that you aren't relying on an electric alarm clock or your phone to wake you up then! :okay:
Looking forward to tomorrow. See you all at Leeds and @PaleRider at Malton.
Well, you'll see me on the train at Todmorden unless we have a weird situation like last year where it wasn't possible to get from one half of the train to the other and we were at opposite ends of it!

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Not looking good at the moment.

Currently shitting through the eye of a needle, and have been all afternoon.
On a diet of imodium so hopefully the chemical cork will have kicked in by setting off time.

Suspect ill be in dire need of carbohydrate replacement drinks by end of tomorrow's ride, hope someone can suggest something suitable.....

I hope that you aren't relying on an electric alarm clock or your phone to wake you up then! :okay:

Well, you'll see me on the train at Todmorden unless we have a weird situation like last year where it wasn't possible to get from one half of the train to the other and we were at opposite ends of it!

No worries @ColinJ, my routine bodily functions ensure I'm always awake by 6.am. I'll see you on the train for sure. Our electric is still off. There is a small team of engineers working on the substation in our back lane. They came, went away, and have returned with an excavator which looks a bit ominous.

Top Bottom