Leeds-Scarborough 30 September 2017: The White Rose Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Not looking too good for Sunday. I just knew there was going to be bad weather involved at some point in the proceedings.....:rain:

I was hoping to do a few hours in the N Yorks Moors on Sunday morning but may give it a miss as it looks a bit wet and very windy. I've got an off-peak ticket so can head back any time so I'll see how it is on the day

Julia9054

Guru
Looking back at last years posts it looks like you set off around 9.30 and got to Malton around 1.15pm , we got to the the cafe at 2.10pm and we had no hold ups so would have thought the same sort of time this year.
Thanks. Was meaning to look back myself but have been flat out with work this week.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Thanks. Was meaning to look back myself but have been flat out with work this week.

See my subsequent posts, it took four and a half hours from leaving Leeds to the first people arriving at the Malton café. Providing I can whip everyone into shape to leave Leeds at 9am, expect us to start arriving at the café about 1.30 or 1.45 at a push

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
That was the first thing I checked out when the final route was posted :laugh:

I'm sure you will try, but please do try to complete the ride. The reason is I think the nicest bit of the ride is the bit from Malton to Scarborough

You get a lovely spin along Marishes Low Road..it's about 7 miles long, totally flat and I think we encountered 1 car while on it. You get the very scenic divert through Forge Valley Woods which I think is the prettiest section and you get the highlight...a ride along Scarborough promenade

wanda2010

Guru
I'm sure you will try, but please do try to complete the ride. The reason is I think the nicest bit of the ride is the bit from Malton to Scarborough

You get a lovely spin along Marishes Low Road..it's about 7 miles long, totally flat and I think we encountered 1 car while on it. You get the very scenic divert through Forge Valley Woods which I think is the prettiest section and you get the highlight...a ride along Scarborough promenade

Only a major disaster would force me to get on a train. I have maps and lights. It will be a good ride.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I don't think I mentioned the drive train inspection I perform before the start of my rides

Here's mine this pm as the standard

IMG_20170929_153022.jpg

If anyone turns up with a drivetrain cleaner than that then they are DNS as they should be spending more time riding and less time cleaning

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just doing the final polish now. The problem is I have to ride over the Pennines to get the start meet and the weather seems to be reverting to normal for a Nickyboy ride so it might not be quite as gleaming when I arrive :whistle:

You will just have to take my word for my bikes current God like cleanliness, just like we had to take your word that the weather was going to be perfect.......

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Just doing the final polish now. The problem is I have to ride over the Pennines to get the start meet and the weather seems to be reverting to normal for a Nickyboy ride so it might not be quite as gleaming when I arrive :whistle:

You will just have to take my word for my bikes current God like cleanliness, just like we had to take your word that the weather was going to be perfect.......

I'll give you a wave when I pass by on the train you tight so and so

Still looking nice and dry with a cross tail to start then tail to finish. Rather wet Sunday morning so deffo early train back

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't think I mentioned the drive train inspection I perform before the start of my rides

Here's mine this pm as the standard

View attachment 376080

If anyone turns up with a drivetrain cleaner than that then they are DNS as they should be spending more time riding and less time cleaning
My chain has only done 100 dry miles so it is immaculate! I only have one chainring and one sprocket, but I made sure to neglect cleaning them so the bike should pass your inspection ... :whistle:

alibaba

Über Member
Nicky boy hi and thank you for your post ,
I am going to leave Manchester at 7:21 should be in Leeds train station by 8:45 .
I have been waiting for this for a very long time . this is my number if you need to contact me: 07878284922.
I brought a spare mobile for navigation and got the route printed that I donot get lost .
The bike has been lubrecated and clothes getting ready for tomorrow.

Top Bottom