Leeds-Scarborough 30 September 2017: The White Rose Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Not been on the bike this week, too busy running round after my father..

I'm waiting for an emergency quick link from Wiggle as I clumsily dropped mine yesterday and it scuttled off somewhere unseen. I should have gone out on the Marin today, which I did but somehow ended up in front of the coffee machine in the country park and watching the ducks with coffee and kit kat in hand.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I know I've not been on the ball as much as usual on this ride but I've just spent flipping ages going over all the posts and the following is the list of participants. It's based on anyone who has said "yes" or "maybe" and hasn't subsequently pulled out

@Crackle
@I like Skol
@doughnut (but may not be up to it)
@wanda2010
@Littgull
@ColinJ
@Julia9054 +1 (meet Malton)
@Kestevan
@McWobble
@Buck +1
@DiddlyDodds
@Moodyman
@si_c
@alibaba

My mate Wayne who came on the Huddersfield ride

If any of the above aren't going to be able to make it please let me know asap. Don't just not turn up as I will end up waiting for you unnecessarily

Needless to say, anyone who hasn't signed up is more than welcome for a nice social ride in what seems to be very pleasant weather

Alas, I find that I've been roped into doing other things this weekend. Have a good piss up, I mean ride. :smile:

Wobblers

Euthermic
I'm waiting for an emergency quick link from Wiggle as I clumsily dropped mine yesterday and it scuttled off somewhere unseen. I should have gone out on the Marin today, which I did but somehow ended up in front of the coffee machine in the country park and watching the ducks with coffee and kit kat in hand.

9 speed or 10 speed? If so, I've got a couple of spares you can have if you're stuck.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
10-speed? I think I have a spare spare 10-speed!

Actually ... that's just made me think - I have put a new 8-speed chain on the singlespeed bike to save money. I don't have any 8-speed quick links! I always carry a spare length of chain for the s/s because it is not possible to use a shorter chain if it breaks. I should be able to push a rivet back in with my chain tool but it is easier to use a quick link or 2.

9 speed or 10 speed? If so, I've got a couple of spares you can have if you're stuck.
Tah, yesterday I'd have taken you up but one should be here tomorrow after I lucked out at my local bike shops. I'll bear it in mind in case it doesn't get here as I'll be panicking by then.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Hi guys
Looking forward to this. As we did last year, we will be cycling on our own from Knaresborough to Malton and meeting you all there. An estimated time you will be arriving in Malton would be helpful.

Looking back at last years posts it looks like you set off around 9.30 and got to Malton around 1.15pm , we got to the the cafe at 2.10pm and we had no hold ups so would have thought the same sort of time this year.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh, I'll be lurking [1] in the Wirral tomorrow and Friday should @Crackle start panicking (I'm hoping that'll provide some entertainment value :whistle:).

[1] Well, after tonight's ride swim home, "dripping" is probably the more accurate word.
I forgot that you are both (currently) from the same neck of the woods!

I just checked - I have several spare spares, having bought a bag from a Chinese company on eBay last year. They are supposed to be KMC but I suspect that they are not! Anyway, I have put some extras in my bag just in case.

Spare spare quick links.jpg

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Looking back at last years posts it looks like you set off around 9.30 and got to Malton around 1.15pm , we got to the the cafe at 2.10pm and we had no hold ups so would have thought the same sort of time this year.

I just checked my Strava file of last year's ride. It took me just under four and a half hours to get to the café, including the stop for coffee. So providing we leave on time, I expect we will get to the café from about 1.30pm.

We will do what we did last year, everyone sticks together until we get about 5 miles before Malton. It starts to get a bit hilly there so we will split up a bit but regroup at the café. We then leave together and folk will need to decide whether they are taking the slightly longer, hillier route or the same flatter route as last year. Those taking the hillier route (it's about 25 miles or so) will need to get a move on to get to the chippy about the same time as those taking the flatter route so we will not be regrouping on the hillier route

si_c

Guru
I just checked my Strava file of last year's ride. It took me just under four and a half hours to get to the café, including the stop for coffee. So providing we leave on time, I expect we will get to the café from about 1.30pm.

We will do what we did last year, everyone sticks together until we get about 5 miles before Malton. It starts to get a bit hilly there so we will split up a bit but regroup at the café. We then leave together and folk will need to decide whether they are taking the slightly longer, hillier route or the same flatter route as last year. Those taking the hillier route (it's about 25 miles or so) will need to get a move on to get to the chippy about the same time as those taking the flatter route so we will not be regrouping on the hillier route

As I recall last year, you just shot off the front at about 5 miles to go with little warning leaving us in your wake.:eek: I won't caught so unawares this time :gun::boxing::whistle:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
As I recall last year, you just shot off the front at about 5 miles to go with little warning leaving us in your wake.:eek: I won't caught so unawares this time :gun::boxing::whistle:

I was at the back of the group with @Moodyman and saw you all had stopped at the bottom of a hill to regroup. "Bollox to stopping" I thought as I had a fair bit of momentum so I just kept going. I remember you and Gil caught me before the cafe

Top Bottom