LEL 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
LEL. I had 20 minutes of 522s, then it opened, then it connection timed out, then it refreshed, and the basket was still there, asked to 'proceed to checkout' connection timed out, then refreshed and personal details page appeared - clicked 'I am not a robot and filled in, ticked all the boxes (taking long time each box, held breath, GO and the "Thank you. Your order has been received." About 1822. Phew! 167km and 109km done this week will come in useful, perhaps.
Paid by bank transfer and by the time that complete it was 1826.
On the Yacf forum someone said they had it all done by 1825 but his completed details order was rejected: "Sold Out".
Next chance for another 150 entries is 2359 GMT (Z) tonight.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
If I've got an order number does that mean I'm in?
Yes, provided you pay by bank transfer within the time specified, quoting that order number!
"Please use the order id as the reference, and ensure payment reaches us by 31st January 2017."
See my narrative above.
Edit: You'll have an e-mail as well with the payment details (and 'order number').

Last edited:

iZaP

Über Member
I had 20 minutes of 522s, then it opened, then it connection timed out, then it refreshed, and the basket was still there, asked to 'proceed to checkout' connection timed out, then refreshed and personal details page appeared - clicked 'I am not a robot and filled in, ticked all the boxes (taking long time each box, held breath, GO and the "Thank you. Your order has been received." About 1822. Phew! 167km and 109km done this week will come in useful, perhaps.
Paid by bank transfer and by the time that complete it was 1826.
On the Yacf forum someone said they had it all done by 1825 but his completed details order was rejected: "Sold Out".
Next chance for another 150 entries is 2359 GMT (Z) tonight.

You are lucky...when I filled in the details and clicked im not a robot, the bit that was gray, stayed gray...something was broken within the website, so I refreshed and then didnt get a second chance :sad:

Nebulous

Guru
Yes, provided you pay by bank transfer within the time specified, quoting that order number!
"Please use the order id as the reference, and ensure payment reaches us by 31st January 2017."
See my narrative above.

I had a similar situation. page not found / internal server error then got to a order page. On entering my details and confirming I wasn't a robot it went grey and stayed that way for a couple of minutes, then gave me an order number. It was quite a high 4 figure number so I was concerned it had kept taking orders beyond the 150 and I would have another stage to go through where they accepted it before it was guaranteed. Anyway I've paid after reading your message, so hopefully that's me in.

Edit:received an email at 18:23 with payment instructions

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Lots of people on FB moaning about not getting on the site to register at 6pm. I would have been shocked if I had managed to get on to register. It is massively oversubscribed and you just have to accept that.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Lots of people on FB moaning about not getting on the site to register at 6pm. I would have been shocked if I had managed to get on to register. It is massively oversubscribed and you just have to accept that.

That'll be the weekend warriors, next they will be moaning about no free gels or route markings.

Proper audaxers are much more self-reliant and better organised.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
You are lucky...when I filled in the details and clicked im not a robot, the bit that was gray, stayed gray...something was broken within the website, so I refreshed and then didnt get a second chance :sad:
Keep trying iZap. This ride is made for you so when the next window opens hit it

Keep trying iZap. This ride is made for you so when the next window opens hit it
And the moment the last lot is sold out, email Daniel to get your name on the waiting list.

(apparently they sold more than half the places by the end of yesterday, so there is presumably a bit less than 250 places in each tranche)

Edit: also from FB "Oops. Sorry about the slow start there. Once we got going I'm afraid we sold out in 2 minutes."

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
There are 150 being offered at midnight and a further 150 offered at 0700 GMT. If you don't try you don't give yourself a chance of (@steveindenmark ) being "shocked". @Nebulous and I managed it.
But there's significant number (apparently) of those who already had 'guaranteed' places who had paid a deposit with the balance required by 19 Jan, and other 22 month AudaxUKers who've entered 6-19 Jan, who have not paid up and secured their places. So I expect that once those are ironed out and some from the current 450 (3 x 150) 'offers' will not transfer the money (by 31 Jan), the (NB volunteer) organisation led by Daniel will release a further limited tranche. Not clear how they're going to 'manage' the waiting list, but I guess that further tranche will be allocated to those on the waiting list, in order. Then there will be people dropping out and the LEL team will 'sell' those cancellations on (less £50 admin and quite right too) to the next on the 'waiting list'. Those 'sell ons' will continue till a date in May where they will lock the entry list.

iZaP

Über Member
And the moment the last lot is sold out, email Daniel to get your name on the waiting list.

(apparently they sold more than half the places by the end of yesterday, so there is presumably a bit less than 250 places in each tranche)

Edit: also from FB "Oops. Sorry about the slow start there. Once we got going I'm afraid we sold out in 2 minutes."

Thanks! I've got a place!!! woop woop:smile:

Top Bottom