LEL 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup, as above, LEL has no qualifiers. It didn't have it 2013 when it had a ~20% DNF. PBP has qualifiers, and this year had 27% DNF.

Do you have guaranteed entry (volunteered for something), have AUK membership (nearly guaranteed entry) or have you been offered the chance to pay them money 2 years in advance?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I'm hoping to, assuming I get enough miles in my legs by the time I have to commit in January 2017. After last time I need to be far better prepared, and quite a bit quicker. Otherwise I'll be in a control (probably Barnard Castle).

Are you riding again @jefmcg?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I got the e-mail and am intending to take part. Doing PBP has whetted my appetite for this.

About 300 places are being released for the £100 deposit. However, AUK members are able to enter 2 weeks early in 2017 so I can wait until then.

No qualifiers but I would recommend people who've never done that distance before getting a 600 in next year as preparation for 2017. Just my suggestion having gone from first 300km to PBP between April and August this year.

Oh, and a LEL thread probably belongs here: https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/audax-brevet-and-randonnee.154/ :whistle:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm hoping to be a volunteer at somewhere like Market Rasen but will need to wait and see. Good luck to everyone who enters

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
I'm getting an entry hopefully, I'll try and pay early but I've no idea how to do a bank transfer on line, I'm hoping they might take paypal :laugh:

I've started planning and entering bits for an SR next year and potentially a lejog BP as prep :boxing: plus the fun prevention officer has ok'd me getting a catrike to do it all on :hyper:

Rustybucket

Veteran
So you can enter early and guarantee a place if you dont mind paying the £100 deposit next week?

Think ill do that then

(this is wishfull thinking on my part, as Im currently off the bike with a bad back!!!) Will give me something to train for!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I dont know why I was offered the place. Ive never volunteered and I have never ridden an Audax ride.

The total cost is £320 with a £100 deposit pretty quickly.

I dont think I will be taking them up on their offer.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Why in the name of Scooby Doo would you want put your self through that?
It's fun!! No really it is. I can remember around 20% of LEL 2013 and every bit, well almost every bit, that I remember was fun.

Now that I think about it, I don't remember it being fun at the time. Or for the days, weeks and months that followed but now that I have a couple of years distance and the feeling has returned to my hand and arms, yes it was most definitely fun!!!

:hello::evil:

Why in the name of Scooby Doo would you want put your self through that?

Because it's one of lifes challenges where you, and you alone are tested.

Deep huh?

And there really is no greater feeling than getting around, this feeling of course being proceeded by pain and suffering during tje event and a fair bit of anxiety and apprehension before the event.

Top Bottom