LEL 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I dont know why I was offered the place.
You haven't been offered anything, except the opportunity to give them money. The £100 deposit is offered to all comers on a first come, first served basis. You got on their mailing list somehow, and thus you got the same email that was sent to everyone else who was on the mailing list. Most likely it was because you put your name down on http://londonedinburghlondon.com, but there may be other ways they might have your email address.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I got the email after signing up to the emailing list on the above link.

I've picked volunteering for '17 as I've never done so far in such a time and have a) been on and off the bike with knee issues for a couple of years & b) have a very hectic 2016 at least coming up off the bike, I can't commit to putting the miles in to justify potentially denying someone else a chance.

It looks bloody amazing! I hope I can get a place ^_^
I'd suggest getting one of the 300 places if you can. If you drop out, you'll get £50 back. They don't promise that, but say they will sell your place and if they do, only keep £50. They will sell every place, so you will only be out of pocket £50. I bet they sell out the 300 faster than the 800 or so they sold in January 2013.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
2013 was literally about checking the site every few minutes to see if it was open for me. I think they'll sell out even quicker this time around. I'd never even heard of LEL until about 2010/11

Shaun

Founder
Just bumping this after finding it in the archives. :okay: Still a way off, but just wanted to let you know the thread is back on the main forums. ^_^

tatr

I got a place in the early entry group. See you there!

:bicycle:

Currently doing about one (imperial) century or longer ride a week so not too worried. Just need to double the distance and master riding at night and up Northern Hills... should be easy!

Top Bottom