Let's revive the old debate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

Back on topic briefly...
The Park Tool Cyclone chain scrubber is back on offer on Amazon. £20.99 and I am quite tempted. Is it worth it?

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Back on topic briefly...
The Park Tool Cyclone chain scrubber is back on offer on Amazon. £20.99 and I am quite tempted. Is it work it?

read all the other threads on this topic and you find out .......

Before swapping the seasonal use of wet with dry lube I run my chain through a chain bath filled with planet friendly bio-degradable solution. Once a year I remove the chain off and give it a good soak which this posting has reminded me to do now. With the chain out of the way I get stuck into the cassette, jockey wheels and cogs. In bygone days I applied chain wax but not anymore, wet or dry lube is best for me; when cycling with a friend who owns the same make of bike that uses the same drive-chain, the improvement in the speed and quietness of my bike is very evident.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Before swapping the seasonal use of wet with dry lube I run my chain through a chain bath filled with planet friendly bio-degradable solution. Once a year I remove the chain off and give it a good soak which this posting has reminded me to do now. With the chain out of the way I get stuck into the cassette, jockey wheels and cogs. In bygone days I applied chain wax but not anymore, wet or dry lube is best for me; when cycling with a friend who owns the same make of bike that uses the same drive-chain, the improvement in the speed and quietness of my bike is very evident.

You can tell a riding speed difference due to chain lubes?

Fab Foodie

Back on topic briefly...
The Park Tool Cyclone chain scrubber is back on offer on Amazon. £20.99 and I am quite tempted. Is it worth it?

Don't you mean Tope-ic?

You can tell a riding speed difference due to chain lubes?

Its more about personal preference to use lubes instead of wax - as a lad I used 3-in-1 oil !

( We all know the speed of a bicycle depends on many factors including a clean smooth-running drive-chain) .

Fab Foodie

Its more about personal preference to use lubes instead of wax - as a lad I used 3-in-1 oil !

( We all know the speed of a bicycle depends on many factors including a clean smooth-running drive-chain) .
Nothing wrong with 3 in 1as a chain lube.
If you can find notable differences in cyclists performance due to different chain lubes, I'm all ears.
Weight is a factor in cycling, but can you detect a difference of +/- 1 gram in the real world?

Reactions: C R
Nothing wrong with 3 in 1as a chain lube.
If you can find notable differences in cyclists performance due to different chain lubes, I'm all ears.
Weight is a factor in cycling, but can you detect a difference of +/- 1 gram in the real world?

I'll leave the research to you - I'm off for a bike ride

silva

Über Member
I pour oil on my motorcycle chains, spin a dozen times to get the dirt mobile with the oil, then old t-shirts to wipe the outside off, then insert the shirt into my neighbours hedge. Hope it doesn't catch fire one day tho.

Top Bottom