Let's See Your Folding Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
Up to now all talk of Bromptons tended to induce Zzzzzzzz's. I was given one as an early Christmas present last weekend so not so much anymore. Looking to do some - mostly functional - pimping, but here's it as it stands, with just the saddle changed. Old model from the 1990s. I see they have a potential to be a massive cash sink with the upgrades....

1t1Y5em.jpg

chriscross1966

Über Member
Up to now all talk of Bromptons tended to induce Zzzzzzzz's. I was given one as an early Christmas present last weekend so not so much anymore. Looking to do some - mostly functional - pimping, but here's it as it stands, with just the saddle changed. Old model from the 1990s. I see they have a potential to be a massive cash sink with the upgrades....

View attachment 430831
That looks like my old one. Her name was Beryl.

Yes....nice pix. Well done.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have just bought a 9 Streets, 6 gear Brompton. I can see Bods idea of it being a cash sink. But only if you let it. I dont see the point of changing evey fixing to titanium to save 500g, or whatever. I like the bike as it is. I have plenty of saddles in the shed to pick from. But the Brompton saddle is not bad. I have ordered a Trigo mount for my gps and carry bag. . not Brompton. My Restrap Holster fits nicely on the seatpost and still folds and locks. The racer tyres are good for winter but will be replaced for something slicker in the Spring. I am spending less on the Brommie improvements than I usually would as I have already got the gear I need.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

I have just bought a 9 Streets, 6 gear Brompton. I can see Bods idea of it being a cash sink. But only if you let it. I dont see the point of changing evey fixing to titanium to save 500g, or whatever. I like the bike as it is. I have plenty of saddles in the shed to pick from. But the Brompton saddle is not bad. I have ordered a Trigo mount for my gps and carry bag. . not Brompton. My Restrap Holster fits nicely on the seatpost and still folds and locks. The racer tyres are good for winter but will be replaced for something slicker in the Spring. I am spending less on the Brommie improvements than I usually would as I have already got the gear I need.

Each to their own when it comes to tricking out your Brompton. For me, I think it's great the way it is, except for a saddle change. This is the case where one size does not fit all. Other than that . . . lovely jubley!!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Same here. Cant see the point unless you are a Brompton nut. Of which I am certainly not one of them. My Brompton serves a purpose, thats all. I also found the Brompton saddle surprisingly comfy

Joe Brom

Regular
I got a Bike Friday PakiT. Swapped the comically narrow flat bars for Nitto Albatross on a longer stem. Very comfortable, significantly lighter than my Brommie, and rides/handles great. The fold is fiddly and weird, but I'm comparing to Brompton which has no equal in that area. Nice bike!
IMG_20181003_132453.jpg

Top Bottom