Lights On?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone else fitted lights back onto their bikes yet in preparation from the dark mornings/evenings?

Been considering it for a while as noticed it's been getting darker earlier in the evening. Once it reached the "one missed train and you'll be pedalling home at dusk" level I started considering it. Now with the rubbish weather forecast for the rest of the week and inevitable cloud reducing light levels further I've taken the plunge and fitted mine.

Got 2x (2x0.5) watt RSP Astrums on the back (£25 for both sets)
And the RSP Asteri 6 watt rechargeable system on the front.

Should definately be blindingly visible this year!!!:biggrin:

BSRU

A Human Being
I have lights on all year round, did have extra rear lights turned on this morning because of the conditions.
Have just added front and rear helmet lights for the forth coming darkness, in a couple of weeks I will be commuting before dawn has broken.

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
I carry lights all year round - but the type I can fix on quickly. I use the same ones as "emergency backups" during winter.

What I put on last night was my permanent "dark nights" setup!

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Had mine on flashing this morning given the biblical weather conditions... not bought proper winter lights yet (still un-decided what to go for), so making do with my old Hal****s set which was supplemented recently with the Smart 1/2watt rear from my Planet-X "get ready for winter pack" which I really quite like. Back sorted – one flashing, one static :thumbsup: – just need to sort out my "seeing" light up front.

BSRU

A Human Being
I carry lights all year round - but the type I can fix on quickly. I use the same ones as "emergency backups" during winter.

What I put on last night was my permanent "dark nights" setup!

I use two magicshines on the front, one solid one flashing and a dinotte 400R on the rear all year round.

All them can be seen even on the brightest day, more importantly many parts of my journey I am in shade and they stand out even more.

fimm

Veteran
My Brompton lights live in the pannier year round. Few a few weeks over the summer I don't really need them even when cycling back from swimming at 10pm - however they're now essential there, and I'm starting to think about getting new batteries into them for the winter. Bought a new rear light the other day because I thought it might go onto the Brompton rear rack - I don't think it will, but I'm sure I can find a home for it somewhere... Will need to find the lights for the road bike too...

Norm

Mine never come off the bike. I have an Exposure Flash and Flare on the bike whenever I ride.

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
Mine never come off the bike. I have an Exposure Flash and Flare on the bike whenever I ride.
Was thinking about an Exposure Flare - but then saw the RSP Astrums were half price. Having a total of 2 watts on the back swung it for me (plus I wanted something I could mount horizontally). I won't replace my RSP 6's on the front until they give up the ghost. They're an awesome light.

Mine or on all year as well, and they were needed this morning. Hope Vision 1 upfront with a back up Cateye. Blackburn Mars 3 on the rear with a Cateye set to flash on the rucksack. Although an additional Mars 3 is on order.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Full set in use today - very dull this morning. Have mine on all year, as always useful when it's raining, and visibility poor.

Today, the two backups went on as well.

Top Bottom