FNRttC London to BOGNOR REGIS (okay, Felpham) - 1st September 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
I should perhaps add that asteroid Florence, a generally spherical rock about 2.7 miles in diameter, will be passing within less than 7 million km of us. It will not be visible to the naked eye but you may (or may not) be able to sense its presence as it crawls northwards from the constellation of Aquarius.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Asteroid Florence? Is there an Asteroid Dougal?

kimble

Veteran
As long as I don't see Uranus, @Charlie I'll be happy
:laugh:

Uranus is on the York-Hull ride. Oddly it's more visible in daylight. Here it is being modelled by the lovely Natalya:

Photo0378.sized.jpg

kimble

Veteran
Gate teams will be pleased to know that on the basis of decent weather and poor fitness I'm bringing the fast bike, which is some 5kg lighter than my usual steed on these escapades. (It's also rubbish off-road, so I expect to do some walking.)

Gate teams should also note that 'lighter' is a relative term...

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Hmm, can I still climb Portnalls on a 71" gear after a year off cycling?

PaulRide

Always at opposition
And of course it was perhaps foolish of me to assume that we would go up Portnalls, and for that matter to assume that you are not (to quote someone out of context) offering to take us up the Tourmalet.

U

User10571

And of course it was perhaps foolish of me to assume that we would go up Portnalls, and for that matter to assume that you are not (to quote someone out of context) offering to take us up the Tourmalet.
I'm sure you'll be fine. As I was last Friday, getting up Col du Greenhithe on 69" after ~9 weeks off the bike. It did warm me up, thobut.

Top Bottom