FNRttC London to BOGNOR REGIS (okay, Felpham) - 1st September 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kimble

Veteran
@Redlight the best option is to get four of you and buy a GroupSave ticket on which four people travel for the price of two. I've done this and later in the journey you're supposed to be together but no one ever bothers if you're alone. This is cheaper than any deal you can get.

...Unless you're travelling beyond London, at which point the onward leg can heavily subsidise the getting to London part. Except when it doesn't. Got to love British trains.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Weather forecast looking fab.
Dry, warm and a following wind.
Looks like we have another Whitstable: wearing shorts and a short sleeved shirt all night!

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Bearing in mind last year I ending up having to force everyone up Bury Hill due to the path to the Gurkha bridge being overgrown, this year I have taken remedial action. The weekend before last, I went out first thing on a Sunday armed with my Sustrans Ranger hi-viz, strimmer, loppers and other gardening equipment, and chopped away for a few hours.

Before:
View attachment 370694

After:
View attachment 370695

The above is at the top section. I've also worked on the section before and after the bridge, to open it out, as there were a lot of overhanging branches & brambles. The final cow barrier before we reach the river is still a bit muddy underneath, but I have a cunning plan involving cardboard.

Dedication above and beyond the norm.

Ever restless to improve the lot of FNRtFelphamers, FD revisits the site, this time equipped with more than a strimmer and some loppers:

Y4fn4cR.jpg

Next stop: sorting a flyover for the cow barrier. “Cardboard indeed,” he chuckles to himself.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Following on from the email and its astronomy notes, it'll be worth looking out for Venus rising in the ENE at about 5 - 5:15. It was like a searchlight this morning.
Also, you know winter's on its way when you see Orion rising, at about the same time.

Top Bottom