FNRttC London to BOGNOR REGIS (okay, Felpham) - 1st September 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I'd have loved to have done this. Sadly, work beckons.

We go down that way quite a lot, my kids love Church Farm in Pagham. I wouldn't have minded popping over to the Pagham Beach Cafe for some fish and chips, and lose a few quid on the vintage amusements across the way.

I wonder what the policy of The Crab and Lobster at Sidlesham Quay is toward sweaty lycra wearers? ^_^

Well, the bad news is that the halfway stop for Bognor won't be able to compete with the spread laid on at Strood for the Whitstable ride.

On the plus side, I reckon the Lobster Pot breakfast is better. For my well earned Big Breakfast after doing the recce last night, the sausages and bacon were heavenly. And I reckon they use cream to make the scrambled eggs. Yum. (Vegetarian breakfast options are available including soy milk).

There'll be an email update in the next day or so.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sign we pass- or at least have passed- en route says 'Welcome to Felpham and Bognor Regis'. Which, IMHO, smacks of inferiority complex. Felpham is not 'near' Bognor it's in it. A locality/district, not a town or village....It could be worse, there used to be a Southsea Town Council. You know, that Southsea that's on the same four mile by five island I live on, but somehow separate from Portsmouth? Yeah, right.....

sagefly

Guru
That's me told, I like Felpham within Bognor!

SandySnake

Signed up. looking forward to this ride and hoping the Gurkha bridge route has improved after last year's recce ride where the nettles were gigantic and the path was a little muddy
WP_20160709_06_17_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20160709_06_25_37_Pro.jpg

Anyway, time for a list:

Adam B
Adrian M
Alex S
Andrew B
Anton B
Ausra D
Brian P
Charles B
Charles L
Colin D
Craig E
Dan T
Daniela H
David F
David S
Derek L
Dimitri P
Geoff S
Gordon P
Graham P
Greg T *
Guy R
Ian Mac
Ivan B
John Mac
John Mo
Katherine O
Kevin E
Kevin L
Kim W
Liz W
Malcolm D
Martin B
Matt C
Miriam D
Nadjie B
Nick B
Nick L
Nigel C
Nigel H
Paul C
Paul R
Peter D
Peter G
Rebecca F
Rob Mc
Sabine N
Sarah T
Sonia W
Stuart A
Tom M
Zadoc N

* Nice try Greg, to boost the numbers of Gregs, by registering twice!

Top Bottom