FNRttC London to BOGNOR REGIS (okay, Felpham) - 1st September 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Anyway, time for a list:

Adam B
Adrian M
Alex S
Andrew B
Anton B
Brian P
Charles B
Charles L
Colin D
Craig E
Dan T
Daniela H
David F
David S
Derek L
Dimitri P
Geoff S
Gordon P
Graham P
Greg T *
Guy R
Ian Mac
Ivan B
John Mac
John Mo
Katherine O
Kevin E
Kevin L
Kim W
Liz W
Malcolm D
Martin B
Matt C
Miriam D
Nadjie B
Nick B
Nick L
Nigel C
Nigel H
Paul C
Paul R
Peter D
Peter G
Rebecca F
Rob Mc
Sabine N
Sarah T
Sonia W
Stuart A
Tom M
Zadoc N

* Nice try Greg, to boost the numbers of Gregs, by registering twice!
Greg also has two identically named Strava accounts (and I follow someone else who has that too), not sure why- the miles don't count double..

Last edited:

mmmmartin

Random geezer

Everyone signed up for the ride should have had an email.

Bearing in mind last year I ending up having to force everyone up Bury Hill due to the path to the Gurkha bridge being overgrown, this year I have taken remedial action. The weekend before last, I went out first thing on a Sunday armed with my Sustrans Ranger hi-viz, strimmer, loppers and other gardening equipment, and chopped away for a few hours.

Before:
Before (2).jpg

After:
After (2).jpg

The above is at the top section. I've also worked on the section before and after the bridge, to open it out, as there were a lot of overhanging branches & brambles. The final cow barrier before we reach the river is still a bit muddy underneath, but I have a cunning plan involving cardboard.

ianmac62

Guru
George V's last words, upon hearing his doctor recommend sea air, may have been "Bugger Bognor!" Of course they may equally have been "The Empire! How I love the Empire!" or, alternatively, "The Empire! How I leave the Empire!"

mmmmartin

Random geezer
@Redlight the best option is to get four of you and buy a GroupSave ticket on which four people travel for the price of two. I've done this and later in the journey you're supposed to be together but no one ever bothers if you're alone. This is cheaper than any deal you can get. You do need to purchase the same ticket, obvs. But I've been in a group that has bought a ticket to london and some get off at croydon and I've gone to London Bridge while others go to clapham junction.

Top Bottom