Loopybike gets a make over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
The little tube I bought for the valve covers was about 0.2 of a millimeter too small to fit over the exposed rubber on the front.
I drilled it out and shaped the end so it follows the curve of the rim.

All good. :smile:
DSC_0137.JPG
DSC_0140.JPG

Now I just need to give the bike a final polish and it's done.
I think I'll take it for a ride tonight...... :smile:

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
I'll try to get some more photos tonight with a better background

DSC_0141.JPG
DSC_0142.JPG
DSC_0144.JPG

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Right. I've been looking at the bike and I've decided I need a plain saddle. Or one with a touch of orange.
Fire up ebay.......

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Oh I've just had such an idea for the saddle........ Is it plain? Er, nope! Will it have a touch of orange? Kind of!

It's making me chuckle just thinking about it!
I know one thing, I've never seen one like it before. It should suit this bike perfectly!!

Watch this space........

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Man, that's gonna hurt.

Ah patience!

It's not finished yet. In fact, it's barely started!

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Ooo I like the hovercraft idea!

Actually, this is just the underframe. There will be foam, leather and orange stitching to come.

Oh and I need to come up with a way of painting inside the 1" tubes without getting in a right mess!

Ooo I like the hovercraft idea!

Actually, this is just the underframe. There will be foam, leather and orange stitching to come.

Oh and I need to come up with a way of painting inside the 1" tubes without getting in a right mess!

How about a piece of sponge stapled to the end of a bit of bamboo (or any sort of stick).
I made one up with a flat sponge for doing behind the radiators in the house. You can paint sideways. Works brilliantly!

You could cut the sponge into a cylinder shape.

Top Bottom