Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not ridden my bike since Feb 2018, but I should get a few rides in before May.
Just leave the damn hang glider alone! :okay:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Current plan is to drive over on Friday, leave the car in llandudo and have a nice leisurely ride back with a tailwind.....

Course sanity may well intervene between now and then.
That presupposes we don't have a period of raging easterlies though

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Actually a fair chunk is the same. Just a different exit from Manchester (ours is different by necessity as we meet at Piccadilly) and different last bit as we go north of Chester to get to the cafe

Maybe next year we'll give Eureka a miss and take the Greenway route through Chester for a change. I do like that bit after the café round the airfield and over that rickety bridge over the Dee though...

si_c

Guru
Actually a fair chunk is the same. Just a different exit from Manchester (ours is different by necessity as we meet at Piccadilly) and different last bit as we go north of Chester to get to the cafe

Maybe next year we'll give Eureka a miss and take the Greenway route through Chester for a change. I do like that bit after the café round the airfield and over that rickety bridge over the Dee though...
That's all part of the Greenway though so you wouldn't miss it out - the route we take joins at Deeside industrial park where we go up the ramp, if you were coming from Chester you'd head over the bridge over the main road and drop down into the same place.

KneesUp

Guru
I've had half an eye on this the last few times it's been run, but for various reasons I've not been able to come. However, I was confident this year, especially as I have a friend who now has a place to sleep not far from Llandudno, and since I've discovered I can get me and a bike to Manchester Piccadilly for about a tenner without needing to book the bike. The only issue was going to be getting back if all you lot have booked the bike spaces to Manchester on the 19th!

I've just checked the diary at work. 18th May is the only Saturday I can't have off in April or May. Are you doing this next year @nickyboy ? :smile:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've had half an eye on this the last few times it's been run, but for various reasons I've not been able to come. However, I was confident this year, especially as I have a friend who now has a place to sleep not far from Llandudno, and since I've discovered I can get me and a bike to Manchester Piccadilly for about a tenner without needing to book the bike. The only issue was going to be getting back if all you lot have booked the bike spaces to Manchester on the 19th!

I've just checked the diary at work. 18th May is the only Saturday I can't have off in April or May. Are you doing this next year @nickyboy ? :smile:
I do it every year providing folk keep turning up

Btw, the issue of booked bike spaces comes up every year. The staff on the Arrival Wales trains are very accommodating. They seem to let all the bikes on regardless of reservations. I don't think anyone on this ride has had a problem getting their bike on a train at Llandudno

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Just realised that the 19th May will be the first day of the new train timetables, hopefully there won't be the same chaos as last year, otherwise it could take a little longer to get home than planned :laugh:

Top Bottom