Matt black bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What do you guys use to make them look lovely?

I`ve tried everything from GT85 to car polish to Mr Sheen, and nothing seems to work very well.

Any tips? I`m stumped!

Drago

Legendary Member
Clear gloss lacquer.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
If it’s Matt it needs to stay Matt. Car polish, Mr Sheen or GT85 will often give your frame a patchy uneven sheen. The best thing I’ve used is actually Mr Muscle glass cleaner sprayed onto a micro fibre cloth. Gets rid of dirt and greasy marks then quickly evaporates away leaving your Matt finish perfectly Matt

Smudge

Veteran
Matt does seem to be in vogue in recent years...... Its another fad that have been created by manufacturers, but not by customers.
I've even been duped into it myself, by one of my road bikes and one of my previous motorcycles. But at least you dont have to polish it, just a damp cloth to wipe it over and its back to its lackluster glory.

OP
OP
I
Sorry I posted. I give up......................

rualexander

Legendary Member
My matt black frame has turned shiny (not quite glossy) on the sides of the top tube where my legs/tights have brushed against it occasjonally over the years.

vickster

Legendary Member
Obviously I’d never own a matte black bike...but a friend bought me this (or it might have been a freebie from her work). If you were local, you’d be welcome to try it.
Amazon sell it

Attachments

• 83AF38EC-A965-43EB-88CF-12EDEB80FAE0.jpeg
    83AF38EC-A965-43EB-88CF-12EDEB80FAE0.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom