Max speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Wind power
Eat more beans then🤣

Solocle

Über Member
Does the national speed limit apply to bikes? If so remember - no more than 60mph on a two way road, and save your 70mph attempts for dual carriageways - of course, if the police see you you may be done for 'riding furiously' even if you argue the limits don't apply to you, and remember, no drafting motor vehicles on a public highway!
Nope, and I do want to break NSL someday. 57 mph is pretty close - a good tailwind down Fleet Moss would probably have done it.

Drafting isn't illegal of itself, of course the tailgating aspect could get you done for careless cycling. Didn't stop me drafting an HGV to 48 mph on the Oxford Ring Road 👍
0E266694-86E5-405A-A26F-6B3F7F08F2E6.jpeg

Note that due to the nature of drafting, I was still pedalling the damn thing! You think that you'd still be able to pedal a bike at speeds that it wasn't designed for...

I wouldn't call 50 mph routine, but I've broken it numerous times, and come close yet more.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Nope, and I do want to break NSL someday. 57 mph is pretty close - a good tailwind down Fleet Moss would probably have done it.

Drafting isn't illegal of itself, of course the tailgating aspect could get you done for careless cycling. Didn't stop me drafting an HGV to 48 mph on the Oxford Ring Road 👍
View attachment 611834
Note that due to the nature of drafting, I was still pedalling the damn thing! You think that you'd still be able to pedal a bike at speeds that it wasn't designed for...

I wouldn't call 50 mph routine, but I've broken it numerous times, and come close yet more.
One day you'll do it.
Not notice and only when you check your speed afterwards will you realise.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

Well this is what it says

”Whosoever, having the charge of any carriage or vehicle, shall by wanton or furious driving or racing, or other wilful misconduct, or by wilful neglect, do or cause to be done any bodily harm to any person whatsoever, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and being convicted thereof shall be liable, at the discretion of the court, to be imprisoned for any term not exceeding two years, . .”

Firstly you have to cause bodily harm to a third party. You cannot be prosecuted for driving furiously unless in doing so you injure a third party. No injury no offence.

Note the bits about wilful neglect. The well known case was more about wilful neglect as the rider made no attempt to brake when they had time to do so before hitting a pedestrian

carpiste

Guru

🎼 You`re all going round🎵 and round!
🎼let it go, let it go🎵
🎼it`s time to put this thread to rest🎶

🎼Stop bleating 🎵it`s not worth it all🎵
🎼the tune needs to change🎶
🎼The mods need to sort it out some way....

.... let it go!🎵

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom