Max speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
No. But it might for an electrically assisted bike, mechanically propelled.
I don't think it would if it were a legal one restricted to 25 kmph.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Does the national speed limit apply to bikes? If so remember - no more than 60mph on a two way road, and save your 70mph attempts for dual carriageways - of course, if the police see you you may be done for 'riding furiously' even if you argue the limits don't apply to you, and remember, no drafting motor vehicles on a public highway!
Perhaps he was on the M6 😉

I don't know what that means just thought this was a ebike forum were people talked about ebikes sensible without a load of tosh.
Except this isn't an e-bike forum, it is only the e-bike bit of a much larger cycling forum so has plenty of real cyclists [1] who have vastly more experience/mileage/speed than you.

[1] Most e-bikers here are those who for whatever reason need one, and so their experience could well count double....

OP
OP
B

Biker man

"with no input from yourself all the time" - Do you ride an e-bike?
Yes I ride a ebike yes I would like i
Except this isn't an e-bike forum, it is only the e-bike bit of a much larger cycling forum so has plenty of real cyclists [1] who have vastly more experience/mileage/speed than you.

[1] Most e-bikers here are those who for whatever reason need one, and so their experience could well count double....
Lost me there .

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't think it would if it were a legal one restricted to 25 kmph.
25kph isn't fast enough for the OP, who is also considering derestricting.

classic33

Leg End Member
Because bikes aren’t fitted with speedometers, cyclists can’t be charged with speeding offences. HOWEVER, if they are considered to be going too fast for the conditions, they could be charges with ‘wanton or furious cycling’ which is a criminal offence under section 35 of the Offences Against the Persons Act 1861 (as amended by the Criminal Justice Act 1948 s1(2))

https://www.roadlawbarristers.co.uk...the-road-traffic-laws-that-apply-to-cyclists/

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

- nice to be appreciated :okay: *

*62 years cycling experience, including 3 with some electrical assistance.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
🤔can't make my mind up if you are pulling my leg or not but one thing is certain anyone who attempt s that sort of speed on a bike is irresponsible think of the ambulance and Dr nurses and folk just because you want a thrill irresponsible.

That’s a different argument. Yours was that bikes aren’t built for that kind of speed.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Yes I would like a 18 or 20,mph ebike just to get home faster when rain is coming in on the Moors.I certainly would not use it on cycle track or in towns unfortunately some idiots would .As for doing 70mph on a bike is beyond belief and Who ever does or tries should be locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom