Metal Detectorists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I think the earliest one was Elizabethan!
I didn't know they made metal detectors that long ago? 😂

stephec

Legendary Member
I didn't specify which Elizabeth! ^_^

I'm going to be really dull now and mention work, I worked for a company that made industrial metal detectors, mainly food and pharma, and apparently the technology comes from a Russian soldier in WWII.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I guess the detector be a surprise - good if she could join a club and gain knowledge first though.
we have become addicted to the Detectorists comedy on TV! what great entertainment.

Mrs Slick is more a solo operator who just likes to do her own thing regardless of if its considered right or wrong. She continually surprises me by her success by doing things a little differently.

Fastpedaller

Ahh, that's certainly an acceptable trait - I have a theory that if there weren't people who 'did their own thing' that inventions would end. If all students learn the same way, are (maybe) afraid to be 'outspoken' and don't use lateral thought.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Ahh, that's certainly an acceptable trait - I have a theory that if there weren't people who 'did their own thing' that inventions would end. If all students learn the same way, are (maybe) afraid to be 'outspoken' and don't use lateral thought.

My thoughts exactly. :thumbsup:

Simon & Garfunkel are dab hands I believe - has the OP got a particular 'look' in mind?
1702449400883.jpeg

Loved the show, watched it a few times now. Seen groups of detectors (I know) along the Kennet towpath back there a few times.

Top Bottom