Metal Detectorists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Now she knows what she's getting, she can tell me that she does want a pin pointer so that's my next target.

Not sure about the shovel though, I think I'll leave that until we workout what type of digging she will be doing.
Garrett pinpointer
https://www.cashconverters.co.uk/sh...s/metal-detectors/metal-detector/050000105197
https://www.cashconverters.co.uk/sh...s/metal-detectors/metal-detector/015400153491

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I found a label on the back of my detector GS 1013 ? Haven't a clue what it's like ? It's got loads of control knobs and a meter on it !

That's the danger if you go to big to soon, so Mrs Slick is on YouTube studying all the functions of her "surprise" Christmas gift.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Long story short. Ex work colleague got interested, joined local club. Second outing found rare gold coin. Coin now in British Museum, Ex colleague / Farmer who owned land 50/50 split, well deserved luxury family holiday in South America for ex colleague who had been a selfless foster parent for decades.

classic33

Leg End Member
Still boxed, but I think the videos will be a bit more intuitive than the manual but hopefully its there if she needs it.
Good to hear.
You've got a set of decent batteries for anything that needs them, and you'll be charging the main battery/batteries up the night before.
So it can be used on the day.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Good to hear.
You've got a set of decent batteries for anything that needs them, and you'll be charging the main battery/batteries up the night before.
So it can be used on the day.

Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup:

The pin pointer also arrived today, along with a very small hand shovel. I'm looking forward to seeing her out investigating, she will love it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup:

The pin pointer also arrived today, along with a very small hand shovel. I'm looking forward to seeing her out investigating, she will love it.
Just remember, newer "copper coins" are more iron than copper.
Easily proved with a magnet.

Maybe She'll hit gold on her first attempt.

I've a few places I'd want to try, but they're all either close to scheduled monuments, or unable to get permission to map the area out. No digging, just try and work out what lies beneath my feet.

Top Bottom