Metal Detectorists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not really got a look in mind, but ordered the one in the OP, so hopefully Mrs Slick likes it. :thumbsup:
Try it out in your garden first. See what shows up.

grumpydad

I've got the Garrett Ace 400, good bit of kit, I've uncovered some musket balls and smaller pistol shot, a couple of George the 3rd pennies some army cap badges and tons and tons of scrap iron🤷‍♂️ it's all good fun and I don't do it seriously, Garrett are a reputable make and fairly intuitive to use.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I've got the Garrett Ace 400, good bit of kit, I've uncovered some musket balls and smaller pistol shot, a couple of George the 3rd pennies some army cap badges and tons and tons of scrap iron🤷‍♂️ it's all good fun and I don't do it seriously, Garrett are a reputable make and fairly intuitive to use.

Brilliant, thanks for that. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
My problem now is, it has arrived today when I was out so Mrs Slick took it in but it says what it is in small writing on the delivery label. Do I hide it and play dumb, or do I just hand it over now?

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Ask her if she clocked what it is. If not say nowt, if so ask her if she wants it now or wrapped up for Christmas

She's out now so I will ask when she comes back. Its not her first Rodeo so I think its almost a dead cert she's seen it.

Fastpedaller

You could gift-wrap it like Lance did when he presented the detector to his daughter* - she'll never guess what it is!
*Unfortunately I couldn't find an image of it

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
You could always get an accessory like this https://regton.com/roughneck-micro-shovel.html or a finds pouch or if you have slightly deeper pockets a pin pointer is a very useful extra to have,

Now she knows what she's getting, she can tell me that she does want a pin pointer so that's my next target.

Not sure about the shovel though, I think I'll leave that until we workout what type of digging she will be doing.

Top Bottom