Mileage for 2019.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Yeah, well done to those hitting the big mileage, I can't see me getting anywhere near the big hitters on this thread as there just seems so many other things to do. That said, I am particularly pleased that my mileage just tripped over to 3k on Friday's morning commute and is still counting, so there is still time for a few more.
Not sure hom much is commuting and how much is leisure though.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'll get to 3000 barring unforeseen events. All leisure miles including my first ever mini-tours. Loving it!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I had no target for the year & wasn't expecting to top my best of just over 10k miles, currently on 12264 miles, that includes zwift (not sure how to get zwift figures seperate on Strava:blush:) about 4k, about 1400 miles commuting , so I'll be going on for 7000 leisure miles by the end of the year ^_^ Aiming for 12427 miles now, that's 20000km :okay:
For those thinking they'll never reach figures of 10k miles in a year, you could one day. Prior to 2015 the most I'd done in a year was 3200miles, then inspired by Steve Abrahams record attempt in 2015 I vowed to ride every day, sometimes just a few miles & some longer rides. It was amazing how the miles racked up & didn't expect to reach 10k until towards the end of the year when I realised how close i was. 2016 & 17 I fell out of love a little with cycling, so my mileage dropped, but last year was just shy of 10k due to illness in December, but this year has been really good cycling wise for me :smile: I don't think I'll be (or allowed to) improving my yearly distance in the foreseeable, but watch this space :whistle:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'm currently on 9350 miles and should be able to make it to 9500 by Sunday. Helped by a daily round trip commute of around 25 miles and giving myself the target of completing the metric 50, imperial 50 and the metric 100 each month (just the metric 100 to do in December - tomorrow, hopefully).

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Currently on 2,993.8 miles, with 1 or possibly 2 more rides left to go. All of it leisure riding, averaging about 32 miles per ride. For the last 5 years I've been averaging 3,000, though like the OP (@gavroche) for my first 5 or 6 years I used to average closer to 1,500. Available free time has been the game changer.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had no target for the year & wasn't expecting to top my best of just over 10k miles, currently on 12264 miles, that includes zwift (not sure how to get zwift figures seperate on Strava:blush:) about 4k, about 1400 miles commuting , so I'll be going on for 7000 leisure miles by the end of the year ^_^ Aiming for 12427 miles now, that's 20000km :okay:
For those thinking they'll never reach figures of 10k miles in a year, you could one day. Prior to 2015 the most I'd done in a year was 3200miles, then inspired by Steve Abrahams record attempt in 2015 I vowed to ride every day, sometimes just a few miles & some longer rides. It was amazing how the miles racked up & didn't expect to reach 10k until towards the end of the year when I realised how close i was. 2016 & 17 I fell out of love a little with cycling, so my mileage dropped, but last year was just shy of 10k due to illness in December, but this year has been really good cycling wise for me :smile: I don't think I'll be (or allowed to) improving my yearly distance in the foreseeable, but watch this space :whistle:
The speeds I ride at I’m not sure I have enough non working hours to manage 10000+ miles!

Mike_P

Guru
Currently 2755 miles (885 on the ebiked hybrid) with, just to extend the topic, 177122 ft climbed (67618ft on the ebiked hybrid).

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
3500 miles with a few days to play with, all leisure miles. Last years total was 3161 and again all leisure miles. I seem to be getting slower though and often think the brakes are on ! Still, riding and keeping fit is all good regardless of mileage.
Perfect, plenty of time to go for 3650 miles. It's a nice round number, 10 miles a day.

Top Bottom