Miles on xxxWH battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
OK with a 17 ah battery I get around 56 miles, but I'm riding a heavy trike in a hilly area and it has a throttle :ohmy: and some times I'm jusy plain lazy, other times I feel like superman, but the latter is short lived :sad: Oh and I weigh in at 82kg and I carry a shed load of tools too..............
i think we all have that feeling sometimes....thats why we love the EEEEEE

82kg is a lightweight aint it.......i'm 120+kgs

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
sorry colin i didnt see the rest of your post...........
I realised that I had forgotten to mention that bit so I edited the post after your first reply!

There was a video posted by GCN yesterday, where Hank's dad did Sa Calobra in Majorca on an e-bike. Reaching the top with 1 bar left.

That is 9.5Km, at an average of 7% gradient. Obviously on that, he is going to be having maximum assist for the whole distance.
I watched that. What a fantastic climb! Shame about the traffic though...

The Pinarello he was riding was great but he did use up most of the energy in the battery on that one climb. That would be approximately equivalent to 2-3 of the longer, tougher climbs round here. A very expensive bike too!

A non-cyclist friend was watching with me and she told me that she fancies getting an ebike conversion kit for her bike***. She likes the look of the Swytch kit but that only has a 180 Wh battery, which I think would be pitifully inadequate for the hills we would be tackling. (I also have my doubts that the motor would have enough torque for the steeper stuff.) @jowwy's 500 Wh battery sounds a lot more useful.

*** Yes, she does own a bike, but she doesn't ride it because our hills put her off, and the valley roads are too busy for her.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I realised that I had forgotten to mention that bit so I edited the post after your first reply!

The Pinarello he was riding was great but he did use up most of the energy in the battery on that one climb. That would be approximately equivalent to 2-3 of the longer, tougher climbs round here. A very expensive bike too!

A non-cyclist friend was watching with me and she told me that she fancies getting an ebike conversion kit for her bike***. She likes the look of the Swytch kit but that only has a 180 Wh battery, which I think would be pitifully inadequate for the hills we would be tackling. (I also have my doubts that the motor would have enough torque for the steeper stuff.) @jowwy's 500 Wh battery sounds a lot more useful.

*** Yes, she does own a bike, but she doesn't ride it because our hills put her off, and the valley roads are too busy for her.

The Pinarello ebike has a relatively small 252wh battery, but the video does indicate the extent to which climbing slurps power.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It is a super climb, very pretty and the big corkscrew corner near the top is something to behold. I did it in a September so the crowds had died off a bit so didn't have streams of buses coming up. It is also unusual in that its a dead end road down to the little port, so unless you arrive by boat, you descend to the bottom and climb back up, whereas most climbs you go up before descending.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
How many volts is it?

(Watt-hours = Volts x Amp-hours, so we have to know both figures to calculate the equivalent Watt-hour figure.)
36v

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Asking that question is like saying how long is a piece of string. The answer will be different for everyone riding the same bike, with the same battery in different places.

So much depends on the weight of the rider, the roads ridden on, the amount of assist you use, the hills if any and the weather conditions so it's a non starter.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Asking that question is like saying how long is a piece of string. The answer will be different for everyone riding the same bike, with the same battery in different places.

So much depends on the weight of the rider, the roads ridden on, the amount of assist you use, the hills if any and the weather conditions so it's a non starter.
But im asking how many miles you have got, out of your battery……im not comparing against mine or anyone else.

have you experimented personally to see how many miles YOU can get out of YOUR battery????

Top Bottom