Miles on xxxWH battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
on my Riese and Muller 2019 supercharger dual batt Rholoff e14 belt drive longest trip i have found was 109 miles still had power but not a lot :laugh::laugh: but a great ride

Morning Ride | E-Bike Ride | Strava
  • 109.29mi
    Distance
  • 8:45:41
    Moving Time
  • 7,010ft
- so is that a battery capacity of 1,000 Wh. ?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Update from today.
Fazua system, minimum assist level.
51km, 511m climbing, 2h20m - down to 3 bars from fully charged. Min temp 8°C Avg 10°C.

First time I have really ridden it in this way for such a distance. Still had a good workout.

Update to show how variable it can get

Yesterday I set off with a full charge - first time out for 3 weeks due to weather and illness (not Covid!!) so I was feeling a bit unfit
Hence I put the assist up to Tour from Eco
I also changed my route to avoid a bit that gets very muddy in winter - so that adds in "The Big Hill:eek::eek::eek:" - long steep drag for a mile and a half

Overall I did 24 miles and dropped from 5 bars to 3 bars

Today I went out again and did 17 miles - back in Eco mode and no hills to speak of
I ran out of electrons 100 yards from home - can I judge it or what!!!!

so - battery had been sitting around for 3 weeks - so possibly drained a bit but not much
a bigish hill
total 41 miles

In summer have done things like that and got back with 2 bars left. I always seem to have a shorter range in winter when the battery gets cold
Of course, everything else is also cold and there is a lot more mud and stuff around so oily bit won't lubricate as well so friction could be higher and chains and stuff could have more gritty stuff which also doesn;t help

But in my mind the temperature makes a difference of at least 10% at times

Gwylan

Veteran
Has anyone rode their ebike from full charge to flat to see what miles they get??....ive done a 57 mile trip with 2 bars left, it was an extended commute, so 15 into work ( mostly downhill, so battery hardly used ) and then a re-routed 42 mile return leg

just for clarity my E bike has been changed some what - its a hardtail with carbon forks and 2" slick tyres and the ride was on all tarmac surfaces

Saddle that I am, I have a spread sheet of battery recharge point, distance travelled, % power remaining. Since I got the bike. I was convinced that battery was rubbish and would die soon.
What I do know is that below 25% is a bit of a gamble. Anything more than 10km means you are getting lucky.
18 months later and 2,5k km later I have confidence upto 60km. After that is does depend on how much #3 has been used.
Been caught out and got a monstrous work out cycle home. Twice I gave in and had to call the cavalry to be collected. Thank goodness for what3words.

I find my wife's folder - that has a rather cheap system on it - gets dodgy when the last LED is the only one left on

Up to that point it will have been changing its mind quite often - so when you pedal hard - like up a hill - then one of teh LEDs will go out - only to come back on when you stop pedalling as hard
SO - when only the last one is left instead it will decide there is no charge left and switch the motor off - normally just when you need it!
so although it will probably do far more I only tend to use it up to about 30 miles before charging it

Top Bottom