More idiot cyclists than idiot car drivers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had to follow two Lycra clad roadies for a few miles a couple of weeks ago, as the lane was far to too many bends to safely pass,the selfish twit following his mate was disgusting......he had the audacity to draft the poor lass for about 3 miles at least and did not attempt to have a go in front, I felt like pulling up telling her to put her bike in the van and give her a lift up the road to get a breather, that would have taught him a lesson they were doing a fair pace though, between 22 to 28 mph uphill and down it
Maybe she was training and wanted to do a long pull.

bladesman73

Über Member
I had to follow two Lycra clad roadies for a few miles a couple of weeks ago, as the lane was far to too many bends to safely pass,the selfish twit following his mate was disgusting......he had the audacity to draft the poor lass for about 3 miles at least and did not attempt to have a go in front, I felt like pulling up telling her to put her bike in the van and give her a lift up the road to get a breather, that would have taught him a lesson they were doing a fair pace though, between 22 to 28 mph uphill and down it
Lycra clad roadies...are you Julia Hartley Brewer? As for the lad riding behind the woman, you have no idea why this was have u? For example, I ride behind my daughter when out as she feels better with a more experienced rider protecting her. Another example, when I was recovering from a heart attack a few years ago I drafted behind my wife for long periods as it helped take the strain off me.

Is this satire? (it's so hard to tell these days ...)

dodgy

I felt like pulling up telling her to put her bike in the van and give her a lift up the road to get a breather, that would have taught him a lesson

I'm sure she would have appreciated that :wacko:🤷‍♂️:laugh:

Some women are faster than men, MUCH faster at times. Get over it.

Reactions: C R

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And some people are able to convey a message without resorting to capital type to assert their dominance. Perhaps you could get over that?
HOW? Like this maybe?

CXRAndy

Guru
Lycra clad roadies...are you Julia Hartley Brewer? As for the lad riding behind the woman, you have no idea why this was have u? For example, I ride behind my daughter when out as she feels better with a more experienced rider protecting her. Another example, when I was recovering from a heart attack a few years ago I drafted behind my wife for long periods as it helped take the strain off me.

I do exactly the same, except I draft my wife cos she's got an Ebike :biggrin:

Ashimoto

TBH when Im out the majority of car drivers and other cyclists are spot on. Ive only had one issue where an idiot in a fiesta literally turned into the cycle lane I was in. Im not talking about a reasonable distance Im talking about 6 feet in front of me, I had to slam on and he just looked at me as if it was my fault. He stopped to use his phone. He couldn't have cared less about anyone but himself

Garry A

Calibrating.....
It seems some people are getting a bit annoyed with cyclists on the shared paths. Out cycling with the Mrs on the canal path today and some halfwit announced that us peanuts should be on the road. I thanked him politely for his input and so did the wife. We then continued our journey. Maybe his mummy didn't buy him that shiny red bicycle at Xmas when he was a wee boy and has had a chip on his shoulder ever since. :laugh:

Top Bottom