More idiot cyclists than idiot car drivers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Did a 40 mile ride today, a recovery ride after an 80 miler yesterday, riding down a narrow country lane, then idiots on bikes riding two abreast come round a blind bend straight into my path, managed to swerve to miss him, Then a while later another one, the next one was the worst an idiot overtaking a horse brushed past the horse making him rear. WTF is wrong with people. Have posted the ride, i really hope it was no one on here.
https://www.strava.com/activities/3612451835

People eh?

Kyuh!

Unfortunately there are many people out on two wheels who do not know how to ride bikes. I have been brought off once and had a couple of close shaves with idiots who have no road sense no idea how to handle a bike and are absolutely clueless about what to do when they meet traffic - either on foot, two wheels, horseback or in a motor vehicle.

We must hope that lockdown ends soon and these idiots retrun to the beaches, pubs and shopping malls that are their natural habitat.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Did a 40 mile ride today, a recovery ride after an 80 miler yesterday, riding down a narrow country lane, then idiots on bikes riding two abreast come round a blind bend straight into my path, managed to swerve to miss him, Then a while later another one, the next one was the worst an idiot overtaking a horse brushed past the horse making him rear. WTF is wrong with people. Have posted the ride, i really hope it was no one on here.
https://www.strava.com/activities/3612451835

Cyclists are no better or worse than motorists, they just have less potential to kill and inconvenience people. Just as large a proportion of cyclists are total dicks (perhaps even more, as timid folk are put off cycling by the total dicks in cars)

Anyway, as an antidote, I had a 50 mile ride today, and everyone's behaviour was impeccable; cyclists letting me past, motorists letting me past, me letting motorists past. Lots of smiles. Everybody lovely.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Cyclists are no better or worse than motorists, they just have less potential to kill and inconvenience people. Just as large a proportion of cyclists are total dicks (perhaps even more, as timid folk are put off cycling by the total dicks in cars)

Anyway, as an antidote, I had a 50 mile ride today, and everyone's behaviour was impeccable; cyclists letting me past, motorists letting me past, me letting motorists past. Lots of smiles. Everybody lovely.
Most of my rides are free from any problems, today was the first time i have come close to be taken out by another cyclist. But it was the horse incident that really pissed me of. A young girl on a horse does not deserve that.

screenman

Legendary Member
I realised yesterday that saying thank you to walkers by cyclists on a shared path is beyond the grasp of most of the lycra clad cyclist on the Sustrans path at Bardney yesterday. The least I would expect when I step off of the path into long grass and stinging nettles, would be a thankyou, maybe even a slight slow down even, maybe even single out so you do not have to pass so close. Not surprised people dislike cyclist, even I did yesterday.

Slick

Guru
I realised yesterday that saying thank you to walkers by cyclists on a shared path is beyond the grasp of most of the lycra clad cyclist on the Sustrans path at Bardney yesterday. The least I would expect when I step off of the path into long grass and stinging nettles, would be a thankyou, maybe even a slight slow down even, maybe even single out so you do not have to pass so close. Not surprised people dislike cyclist, even I did yesterday.
That's a shame. I always assume when I see that, I'm dealing with someone who is very cautious and should be thanked for helping me look after me as well as themselves. I was cautious myself in case they felt by speaking to them that I would be spraying droplets in their direction.:eek:

I decided it's all about timing and thank them nice and early.

screenman

Legendary Member
That's a shame. I always assume when I see that, I'm dealing with someone who is very cautious and should be thanked for helping me look after me as well as themselves. I was cautious myself in case they felt by speaking to them that I would be spraying droplets in their direction.:eek:

I decided it's all about timing and thank them nice and early.

Same as I did in the track today.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yes, it's amazing how many cyclists I used to meet on shared paths when I was walking the dog who were total nobbers; but when I'm on the bike it's all the walkers who are clueless as to how to deal with cyclists. Then when I get in the car, all these complete idiots on bikes and pedestrians, they're all over the place and can't deal with traffic - the plonkers! Just goes to show that everyone apart from me is wrong, obviously :okay:.

Top Bottom