More money than sense...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Do many/any of these badged up bikes with hefty price tags actually get bought?

Not quite the same league, but in the mid 90s I was working at an Audi dealer when the Audi RS2 quattro* mountain bike was launched, costing a cool £1,000 - a very nice thing, but a lot of money for a bike back then.
We had one on display in the showroom for quite a while - I think it got worked into a deal for someone buying a new car in the end.

* - I think that was the name - if not that it was something similar.

davidphilips

Veteran
You forgot the bit where they get asked to prove everything they say, via a link to a scientific study.

Funny that reminds me of a guy i cycle with , Any time i say something about a bike he asks me where i found it out from or can i prove it provide links etc, then if i say i seen something on the internet or utube he says do you believe every thing you see on the internet?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Funny that reminds me of a guy i cycle with , Any time i say something about a bike he asks me where i found it out from or can i prove it provide links etc, then if i say i seen something on the internet or utube he says do you believe every thing you see on the internet?

I get nearly all my facts from a bloke down the pub. Much more reliable. :okay:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
That Hermes bicycle looks suspiciously like a Specialized Sirrus with a chain guard.
(Not like I can afford a Specialized Sirrus)
((Nor to hang with that snooty lot down at the new showroom))
(((Feggin superior lot. Ubermenschen)))

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Would you spend a couple of hour’s earnings on a bike you really like? If you’re into bikes many would.

A couple of hours earnings? Are you a Premier League footballer? :tongue:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Arbitrarily chosen (and not that high) price= getting mugged off? Srsly? I could quite easily have spent more than £5k on a bike. And I'd be perfectly happy with it, thank you very much.

davidphilips

Veteran
Anything that costs 5 grand or more needs to have a petrol engine in it, otherwise you are getting mugged off!

Should it not be the other way? If i was to spend 5k i would think i would have a lot more pleasure with it should last a life time whereas something with a petrol engine in it costing 5k would only last a few years,cost more to maintain and be nothing more than a means of transport?

Anything that costs 5 grand or more needs to have a petrol engine in it, otherwise you are getting mugged off!

Hermes should stick to fashion and Aston Martin should stick to making nice cars.
I have spent more than £5k on many many things. Some have engines. Some don’t. They’ve all brought me pleasure and I can afford them. The fact it annoys you makes them all the better for me.

Top Bottom