More money than sense...

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by marzjennings, 8 Feb 2018.

1. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

ok.....:reading:...............:becool:......

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  2. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Would I buy that Hermes bike?

No, it looks bloody awful - in my opinion. I'm sure it will appeal to some but it does nothing for me, regardless of if its $130 or $13,000

But @simon.r posted some pics of this the other day, which apparently has a starting price of over £15k - and if I drop the big one on the EuroMillions one week, I think I might just get one, along with the car to attach it to. :okay:

Last edited: 8 Feb 2018
    simon.r likes this.
  3. Seevio

Seevio Senior Member

My mate Kevin has more money than sense and he's skint.

JhnBssll, Deafie, Crankarm and 5 others like this.
  4. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

Does the upturn at the end of the handlebars replicate the hoods on a road bike ? I see people riding this type of bike and do wonder why as riding the base bars on my TT bike is nasty on the wrists

5. tyred

tyred Legendary Member

I have neither money nor sense...

davidphilips likes this.
  6. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guru

Do many/any of these badged up bikes with hefty price tags actually get bought?

7. NorthernDave

Not quite the same league, but in the mid 90s I was working at an Audi dealer when the Audi RS2 quattro* mountain bike was launched, costing a cool £1,000 - a very nice thing, but a lot of money for a bike back then.
    We had one on display in the showroom for quite a while - I think it got worked into a deal for someone buying a new car in the end.

* - I think that was the name - if not that it was something similar.

8. Here's a thought. If we get a bike and paint CycleChat on it and put it up for sale for £1,000,000 then people will see that and associate CC with exclusivity and expensiveness. Wow, I'd love to have a million pounds to spend on a bike, and be one of those cool cyclechatters, but I just can't afford it. However, I can do the next best thing and sign up to CC. Maybe some of the expensiveness and exclusivity of such a swish forum will rub off on me.

So they sign up and make a post asking why no other cyclists say hello to them or wave to them. Everyone's really rude to them and mocks their post, and they go away disillusioned and never come back.

bpsmith and NorthernDave like this.
  9. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

You forgot the bit where they get asked to prove everything they say, via a link to a scientific study.

Justinslow likes this.
  10. davidphilips

davidphilips Senior Member

LOl, A lot of guys and girls dont any money, but very few have the sense to know they dont have any sense so you are better of than most?

tyred likes this.
  11. I didn't forget it because it has never, ever, happened.
    When has that ever happened? Can you provide links?

( ;) )

Deafie and bpsmith like this.
  12. davidphilips

davidphilips Senior Member

Funny that reminds me of a guy i cycle with , Any time i say something about a bike he asks me where i found it out from or can i prove it provide links etc, then if i say i seen something on the internet or utube he says do you believe every thing you see on the internet?

bpsmith and NorthernDave like this.
  13. NorthernDave

I get nearly all my facts from a bloke down the pub. Much more reliable. :okay:

tyred and bpsmith like this.
  14. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

I just lick my finger and decide based on the wind direction.

NorthernDave likes this.
  15. That Hermes bicycle looks suspiciously like a Specialized Sirrus with a chain guard.
    (Not like I can afford a Specialized Sirrus)
    ((Nor to hang with that snooty lot down at the new showroom))
    (((Feggin superior lot. Ubermenschen)))

Cycleops likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice