More money than sense...

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by marzjennings, 8 Feb 2018.

1. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guest

Do many/any of these badged up bikes with hefty price tags actually get bought?

2. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Not quite the same league, but in the mid 90s I was working at an Audi dealer when the Audi RS2 quattro* mountain bike was launched, costing a cool £1,000 - a very nice thing, but a lot of money for a bike back then.
    We had one on display in the showroom for quite a while - I think it got worked into a deal for someone buying a new car in the end.

* - I think that was the name - if not that it was something similar.

3. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

You forgot the bit where they get asked to prove everything they say, via a link to a scientific study.

Justinslow likes this.
  4. davidphilips

davidphilips Über Member

LOl, A lot of guys and girls dont any money, but very few have the sense to know they dont have any sense so you are better of than most?

tyred likes this.
  5. davidphilips

davidphilips Über Member

Funny that reminds me of a guy i cycle with , Any time i say something about a bike he asks me where i found it out from or can i prove it provide links etc, then if i say i seen something on the internet or utube he says do you believe every thing you see on the internet?

bpsmith and NorthernDave like this.
  6. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

I get nearly all my facts from a bloke down the pub. Much more reliable. :okay:

tyred and bpsmith like this.
  7. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

I just lick my finger and decide based on the wind direction.

NorthernDave likes this.
  8. That Hermes bicycle looks suspiciously like a Specialized Sirrus with a chain guard.
    (Not like I can afford a Specialized Sirrus)
    ((Nor to hang with that snooty lot down at the new showroom))
    (((Feggin superior lot. Ubermenschen)))

Cycleops likes this.
  9. Nomadski

Nomadski I Like Bikes

A couple of hours earnings? Are you a Premier League footballer? :tongue:

10. I didn’t say it was me....

Nomadski likes this.
  11. SkipdiverJohn

SkipdiverJohn Über Member

Anything that costs 5 grand or more needs to have a petrol engine in it, otherwise you are getting mugged off!

Hermes should stick to fashion and Aston Martin should stick to making nice cars.

Gravity Aided and Illaveago like this.
  12. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

and you should stick to looking in skips :okay:

13. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

Arbitrarily chosen (and not that high) price= getting mugged off? Srsly? I could quite easily have spent more than £5k on a bike. And I'd be perfectly happy with it, thank you very much.

14. davidphilips

davidphilips Über Member

Anything that costs 5 grand or more needs to have a petrol engine in it, otherwise you are getting mugged off!

Should it not be the other way? If i was to spend 5k i would think i would have a lot more pleasure with it should last a life time whereas something with a petrol engine in it costing 5k would only last a few years,cost more to maintain and be nothing more than a means of transport?

15. I have spent more than £5k on many many things. Some have engines. Some don’t. They’ve all brought me pleasure and I can afford them. The fact it annoys you makes them all the better for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice