More money than sense...

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by marzjennings, 8 Feb 2018.

1. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

........?????????? a couple of HOURS ?

2. OP
    OP
    marzjennings

marzjennings Veteran

That's cool, their choice and my choice to ridicule/praise/ignore as I see fit.

My mum used to tell us that if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. A Mark Twain quote I think and something I totally disagree with. For me, if I'm doing some stupid or buying something senseless I would like to know.

Drago likes this.
  3. Your op was doing something stupid, I thought you’d like to know. Just my choice to ridicule as I see fit of course.

4. jayonabike

jayonabike Powered by caffeine & whisky

Love these threads when they pop up every now and then. Someone can afford something and you can’t therefore they have more money than sense? Don’t make me laugh. If someone wants to drop 10 grand on something that gives them pleasure then why not. Whether it’s worth that amount is irrelevant.
    People should accept what they have and some people have more than them and be happy with their lot.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2018
    roadrash, Alan O, bpsmith and 3 others like this.
  5. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

Liking things isn't good enough for the lower classes, they need feel the approval from other peasants that making an adequate purchase brings.

Drago and Markymark like this.
  6. I spend my money how I like. If I’m lucky I’ll not only enjoy what I like but annoy people too.

Alan O, Dogtrousers and FishFright like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    marzjennings

marzjennings Veteran

Probably.

But my OP wasn't about affordability, as I said if you have it spend it. I just found this particular bicycle, if purchased as a bicycle rather than a fashion accessory, a monumental waste of cash. An emperors new bike. I wasn't saying one should spend less, but I was trying to say for that sort of money, oh the bike one could have built.

8. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

Which would also be a monumental waste of cash, a emperors new bike too 99% of the population so .... what next ?

9. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 61: old body, head still feels the same. Moderator

Commission a top QC to do some work for you....

screenman likes this.
  10. mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

True that.

Dogtrousers likes this.
  11. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

ok.....:reading:...............:becool:......

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  12. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Would I buy that Hermes bike?

No, it looks bloody awful - in my opinion. I'm sure it will appeal to some but it does nothing for me, regardless of if its $130 or $13,000

But @simon.r posted some pics of this the other day, which apparently has a starting price of over £15k - and if I drop the big one on the EuroMillions one week, I think I might just get one, along with the car to attach it to. :okay:

simon.r likes this.
  13. Seevio

Seevio Senior Member

My mate Kevin has more money than sense and he's skint.

JhnBssll, Deafie, Crankarm and 5 others like this.
  14. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

Does the upturn at the end of the handlebars replicate the hoods on a road bike ? I see people riding this type of bike and do wonder why as riding the base bars on my TT bike is nasty on the wrists

15. tyred

tyred Legendary Member

I have neither money nor sense...

davidphilips likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice