More money than sense...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
marzjennings
What if they just liked the look of it?
That's cool, their choice and my choice to ridicule/praise/ignore as I see fit.

My mum used to tell us that if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. A Mark Twain quote I think and something I totally disagree with. For me, if I'm doing some stupid or buying something senseless I would like to know.

That's cool, their choice and my choice to ridicule/praise/ignore as I see fit.

My mum used to tell us that if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. A Mark Twain quote I think and something I totally disagree with. For me, if I'm doing some stupid or buying something senseless I would like to know.
Your op was doing something stupid, I thought you’d like to know. Just my choice to ridicule as I see fit of course.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Love these threads when they pop up every now and then. Someone can afford something and you can’t therefore they have more money than sense? Don’t make me laugh. If someone wants to drop 10 grand on something that gives them pleasure then why not. Whether it’s worth that amount is irrelevant.
People should accept what they have and some people have more than them and be happy with their lot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
marzjennings
Your op was doing something stupid, I thought you’d like to know. Just my choice to ridicule as I see fit of course.
Probably.

But my OP wasn't about affordability, as I said if you have it spend it. I just found this particular bicycle, if purchased as a bicycle rather than a fashion accessory, a monumental waste of cash. An emperors new bike. I wasn't saying one should spend less, but I was trying to say for that sort of money, oh the bike one could have built.

Last edited:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Probably.

But my OP wasn't about affordability, as I said if you have it spend it. I just found this particular bicycle, if purchased as a bicycle rather than a fashion accessory, a monumental waste of cash. A emperors new bike. I wasn't saying one should spend less, but I was trying to say for that sort of money, oh the bike one could have built.

Which would also be a monumental waste of cash, a emperors new bike too 99% of the population so .... what next ?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
........?????????? a couple of HOURS ?

Commission a top QC to do some work for you....

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Would I buy that Hermes bike?

No, it looks bloody awful - in my opinion. I'm sure it will appeal to some but it does nothing for me, regardless of if its $130 or $13,000

But @simon.r posted some pics of this the other day, which apparently has a starting price of over £15k - and if I drop the big one on the EuroMillions one week, I think I might just get one, along with the car to attach it to. :okay:

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Does the upturn at the end of the handlebars replicate the hoods on a road bike ? I see people riding this type of bike and do wonder why as riding the base bars on my TT bike is nasty on the wrists

Top Bottom